Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got back from a ride and I noticed that on the throttle side of the front tire it looks as though there was water or something leaking out of the front tire making streaks out towards the tread. Anyone ever seen anything like this before?

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
imported post

More likely fork oil or brake fluid getting on the tire.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
imported post

I would have to to agree with Dave0430..Water wouldn't work from the wheel outward..

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

One of those four legged things called a dog used your tire for a fire hydrant. :shock:

Kit

·
Administrator
26,187 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
One of those four legged things called a dog used your tire for a fire hydrant. :shock:

Kit
That reminds me of a funny story.
Years ago at the dealer where I worked in fayetteville Ar. one of those yankee know it alls came in and said "there is brake fluid on my wheel" , since the fluid was on the outside of the wheel it couldn't have been brake fluid but the man insisted even when told it was dog pee. He bent over and wiped his finger through it, smelled it, tasted it and left very embarassed.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

Are you loosing air pressure? Has the tire been slimed?

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
imported post

Sometimes condensation gets into air compressors and is blown into the tire during filling.

Keep an eye on your tire pressure to make sure you aren't losing air. More than likely the liquid you are seeing is coming from a different source than inside your tire.

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
That reminds me of a funny story.
Years ago at the dealer where I worked in fayetteville Ar. one of those yankee know it alls came in and said "there is brake fluid on my wheel" , since the fluid was on the outside of the wheel it couldn't have been brake fluid but the man insisted even when told it was dog pee. He bent over and wiped his finger through it, smelled it, tasted it and left very embarassed.
Did you wonder how he knew what dog urine tasted like? :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
imported post

Most likely it is fork oil, it runs down the forks onto the brake calipers then drips onto the wheel where it is slung back out on the tire. I have the same issue with mine right now :(.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If it's fork oil is should be visible on the top of the fork slider. You can pry up the dust seal and look at the top of the fork seal to see if there's any sign of oil. Check your brake master cylinder reservoir to make sure it's not low indicating a leak in the right brake caliper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.