Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I spotted some coolant on the floor of my garage (under the front of my GL1500 engine) The green colour was the giveaway that it is the Wing thats leaking. There is a small neat hole in the front (surrounded by coolant hoses I think) where the drips are coming from, should there be a bolt or something in there to keep the coolant inside?

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

That's the water pump hole Dave, it's supposed to be there. If the coolant is coming out of there then I'm afraid it's another leaking water pump story. Why do most water pumps seem to start leaking in the summer? Probably just one of lifes little mysteries.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Just had the same problem and I thought it was the water pump but when I looked up above the pump my Y - hose in back was leaking due to a clamp that was down to far on the hose and it wouldn't tighten anymore. Bought a new clamp and that was that. If you didn't fix it yet may want to make sure anti-freeze isn't coming from farther up dripping down.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

Just had the same problem and I thought it was the water pump but when I looked up above the pump my Y - hose in back was leaking due to a clamp that was down to far on the hose and it wouldn't tighten anymore. Bought a new clamp and that was that. If you didn't fix it yet may want to make sure anti-freeze isn't coming from farther up dripping down.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I hope he fixed it as this post is 4 years old.,,,

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

That neat hole is the weep hole. If coolant is coming out, then the pump seal is bad.

But, do check to make sure the coolant leak is not coming from somewhere else.

I do not know if they water pump rebuild kits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.