Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 1996 SE has been sitting lonely in my garage for a couple of months and today I saw a small puddle of coolant under the bike. Please see attached photo. What does everyone think? Pump seal shot?

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You need to look up to see where it starts. It is running down to the lowest point, but that might not be anywhere near where it starts.
Usually pump seal failures leak from the weep hole. Since it has been sitting, there is a slim chance that it will resolve itself once it comes up to temp and is run. Otherwise, pressurizing the cooling system will help to locate small leaks.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
You could get lucky. Have you checked the sealing washer on the drain plug?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could get lucky. Have you checked the sealing washer on the drain plug?
No but will do. I'll pull the Tupperware off and see if I can trace the source. Any suggestions as to where to get a water pump if it is needed? Or have you ever rebuilt one?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Have a new water pump that I bought for my '95 1500 SE - P/N 19200-MY4-020. Selling for $90.00 USD, but will let go for $90.00 AUS plus CDN shipping. Reason for selling water pump is I sold the 1500, kept my '85 Limited Edition. Bought a 2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE. Let me know. Cheers

Reactions: dpbrio

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have a new water pump that I bought for my '95 1500 SE - P/N 19200-MY4-020. Selling for $90.00 USD, but will let go for $90.00 AUS plus CDN shipping. Reason for selling water pump is I sold the 1500, kept my '85 Limited Edition. Bought a 2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE. Let me know. Cheers
Hi Rednaxs60, I am very interested but how much would shipping to Glen Forrest, Western Australia (postcode 6071) cost from your location. I've seen prices up around the hundreds of dollars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Be careful. The latter model 1500s water pumps had different anti freeze tubes than the early ones did. Not sure what year they changed.
gumbyredd
It seems 92-96 are the same water pump.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts