Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good day, I noticed that the plastic water/weather proof film on the front speakers of my 1500 is peeling off (from the inside) How do I get the speaker covers off to replace the film- they are very delicate?

Blackhat

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

They are only dust covers and are very thin nylon type material. The speaker cones and black areaare actuallyspray treated to waterproof them. The nylon cover isn't a big deal and you won't miss them.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

As long as the loose material doesn't fuzz the sound, then you might want remove the loose stuff.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
imported post

Those covers don't last more than a few years on any Wing as they usually just rot. Just tear them off if they are already flapping about.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks,

How are the plastic grills (mine are brown) removed so I can access the film?

Blackhat

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

You have to remove the whole console to do this. Windshield trim, winshield, ignition cover etc.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

The Scotchguard does a great job of it, but you have to repeat the treatment every couple of years as it wears off. A longer lasting way is to use clearcoat (the stuff that goes over car paint) mixed with a flexible additive. That lasts the life of the speaker and doesn't need to be repeated every couple of years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.