Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone know of a good wax to purchase that will keep a good shine on the covers and bags for a reasonable length of time?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Lemon Pledge, and some micro fiber rags from the dollar store. Clean the windshield then spray the bike down with pledge and wipe it all down.

Cheap, works well, and keeps things as good as any expensive wax and does not leave white residue in cracks etc.

Kit

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
imported post

Pledge is in my corner too. I used to use auto detail products until I was told about Pledge.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

You do realise that the heading you gave this thread probably had every female member ( and a few guys:shock:) clicking on the link, thinking it meant something else!!!!:shock::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Orange pledge for me.... can't get lemon in the UK these days it appears. :(

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
imported post

I bought a tub of Turtle Wax ICE paste last year and now swear by it. Silicone and hydrocarbon polymer blend thatleaves no white powdery residue. Doesn't leave smears on the black rubber trim or goop in crevices. Last a good long time. Snow and ice just sheet off the trucks and cars. Makes my bike sparkle.

:action:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

hmmmmmm ...... I wonder if Wendy knows about using pledge for waxing?

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
imported post

I used the Honda Spray Cleaner when I first got my bike, then found out about Lemon Pledge and used that for a while. Was in a town that I could not find the Lemon Pledge but they had the Orange Pledge and I liked how that worked so went with that for a while. Then I read on here about Plexus tried it and will not use anything else. It gives a deep sparkle and removes the small scratches one gets from wiping the surfaces.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

Plexus makes my bike shine like nothing else I tried.:)

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Lemon pledge for me !! I carry a canall the time and use it on the whole bike.I been told it deters bugs but I can't confirm this. Cant find Plexus over here.

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I don't know what is used on my bike to keep it clean and shiney. I must ask the wife when she gets in from work what she uses. :D

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
I don't know what is used on my bike to keep it clean and shiney. I must ask the wife when she gets in from work what she uses. :D
:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

I have used the Honda product but the lemon furniture polish, be it Pledge or the stuff I buy from Fred's Dollar Store works great and is cheaper!

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
imported post

Pledge works but it does`nt last in my opinion, real wax does the job, and it still buffs up weeks after, my wife keeps a tub of wax in the bedroom with a spatular, dont know what she`s polishing with that though!!! :shock:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Littlejohn wrote:
Check your credit card statements Littlejohn, I am sure you should find it on there!!!!:cooldevil::cooldevil:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.