Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 151 Posts

·
Administrator
219 Posts
The old Standard Yellow Classic Mode must be reinstated.
the White screen way to hard on my eyes, and the Dark Mode is abhorrent to me.
At this time you are able to choose Light or Dark mode.

How To Switch Between Dark Mode & Light Mode
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click the 3 vertical dots to open the drop-down menu and then click on “dark mode” or “light mode”.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
219 Posts
Hello all,

Please see this thread below:

Jeff M

·
Administrator
24,848 Posts
here is the link I was using to get to this forum:

It was set up to get new posts without getting the new posts from the fun forum which is nothing but a bunch of useless drivel. It doesn’t work any more and that sucks.
I thought I had found a way to exclude it but it doesn't work any better than the tutorial suggests.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I'll start off by saying that I will help support the IT folks, with the "caveat" that I am hoping for "two-way communication" with ideas and input from the members.

I strive to NOT be a "get off my grass" kinda old fart, , , but there are limits for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
The easiest way for me to find some threads where I made a post was to look at my name, threads started by me or posts by me. It looks like that option does not exist anymore.
If it aint broke try fixing it till it is

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
it is a learning process for sure.
I just now went through every single forum and Clicked on the FOLLOW forum button and set each forum up for my preferences as to whether I want to even see it or not..... the TRASH BIN for sure, I will NOT follow (n)

·
Administrator
21,992 Posts
We also so seem to have become anonymous. The info in our profiles no longer showing. That, to me, is a very bad thing.

The only good thing, so far, that I can find improved is it seems easier to post a full size pic. However, I kind of liked the less imposing thumbnail system from before. So it's a neg for me. And to boot, we've lost the useful smilies from the old forum, so I can't bang my head against the wall.

And how the hell do you get rid of the garbage going on to the right of the page?

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
that crap on the right side of the page was the first thing I hollered about, it has to go, it is a pure waste of space, that could be used to allow us to have sentences that are twice as long as what we can see right now.... I hate forums with NARROW thread sections..... it makes us feel like FARCEBOOK.

·
Registered
620 Posts
So far I don't like this one bit... :( +1 on all said above, plus still can't jump to new (unread) posts, I suppose I'll get it figured out at some point.... Smilies libraries coming from phones now. :(

·
Registered
620 Posts
OK - now I see what's going on in new unread posts, According to the site ALL posts are new unread. Until I read them. I saw a new post appear in this thread, clicked on the thread title and went directly to Peter Goldwing's new post.

So this means I need to find a way to mark ALL posts as "Read", and then go from there.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well, My very first post was moved and it took me twenty minutes to find it and that was by accident. I am NOT a fan of this new format and I will be spending a lot less time here. Learning experience or not it is just not what I call a forum. At least not a user friendly one anyway. Why take something that was working just fine, with the exception of all the stupid word game things, and change it to something with a steep learning curve? If I want a steep learning curve I will go back to school. I come here for information, usually on short notice and also just for relaxing browsing sometimes. Neither of which is going to happen with this format.

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
I am now using Firefox on my cell phone.

I have discovered that the cell phone and my computer do not track New Posts correctly

Each device is considered unique. Why?
It is my login all the time.

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
Whats Altered Induction I see that in technical forum not as a thread but a whole group of threads.
Altered Induction is a Sub-Forum under Technical forum.
eons ago, all of those threads were just buried in the Technical forum and lost forever.
a few years back, I had a Sub-forum created and we named it Altered Induction....
why? it could be Fuel Injection mods to a carbed bike.
but usually, it is a Single Carb modification to a 1000, 1100, or 1200 model bike.

now all of the carb mods are in this one sub-forum.

·
Administrator
58,202 Posts
Whats Altered Induction I see that in technical forum not as a thread but a whole group of threads.
To continue with this, when you view the list of Forums, you will see in Technical Forum the underlined heading "Sub-Forums"

click on that, and you will see this

21 - 40 of 151 Posts