Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

61 - 80 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
It used to be that you could set the number of viewed threads on a page, mine was set to 30. Now it appears that the default is 20 and no way to change? or did I miss it ?

·
Administrator
219 Posts
It used to be that you could set the number of viewed threads on a page, mine was set to 30. Now it appears that the default is 20 and no way to change? or did I miss it ?
That is not an option at this time but might be added at a later point.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
21,986 Posts
I am sorry but I find nothing positive in the change.

Our loss of identity is very sad and the fact that your team overlooked so many obvious problems is quite telling. It simply no longer feels like a forum.

·
Administrator
219 Posts
Who’s Online?
When you are reading a thread, you will see a green dot on the avatar of those who are online.

If you want to see everyone who is currently online (depending on their settings) you can find this information on the members page.

On the forum listing page or on any forum sections, you will see a Top Contributors box in the sidebar. Click on View All.

This will bring you to the Members page with options in the left sidebar, including who is online.

You can also search to find a member.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
219 Posts
Hello all,

Please see this thread below for feedback, questions, and tutorials on the new site.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
24,834 Posts
Once you have marked them as “Follow” or “unfollow” you need to got “FILTERS” and check followed only. Filters is near the right at the top of the listing of posts when you click ”NEW”
And I still have fun forum posts. Filters is on the other right BTW.

·
Administrator
219 Posts
I am sorry but I find nothing positive in the change.

Our loss of identity is very sad and the fact that your team overlooked so many obvious problems is quite telling. It simply no longer feels like a forum.
The new platform is more secure, faster, more stable, and is compatible with all new best practices for website design and mobile usability. It was much needed as the old software was unable to support current best practices and was choking the performance and livelihood of the site.

The only thing that was lost is the Yellow theme.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
24,834 Posts
The new platform is more secure, faster, more stable, and is compatible with all new best practices for website design and mobile usability. It was much needed as the old software was unable to support current best practices and was choking the performance and livelihood of the site.

Jeff M
Choking the livelihood? It not only got choked, it got decapitated with this "new" look.

·
Administrator
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
219 Posts
Choking the livelihood? It not only got choked, it got decapitated with this "new" look.
Google has dictated many new guidelines for best practices that needed to be confirmed within order for the site to stay relevant and vBullentian was unable to support those.

More background here:

Monthly Update:

Jeff M

·
Registered
4 Posts
For the community - Do you value the community of people here? Do you value the great content and help? Or are you ready to ditch the site because you don't like the color and have to learn a little new navigation?

Not sure if there is a way to select background colors. Black text on white background is hard on the eyes due to the high contrast. Ask any ad exec or professional presenter, color/contrast combinations dramatically impact view-ability. Black on yellow is one of the easiest on the eyes (particularly as one ages) and is probably why you are getting so much feedback about the colors. White on black is slightly better, but not much. Even going with a slightly "heavier" font would improve readability.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Been playing with this new site and I actually like it better than the old site. The only problem is the color. If we could get the yellow classic format back I think we could consider this upgrade a big success.

·
It aint rocket science
3,816 Posts
Where is the "who is online" info?

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
I dont see emoji when I read some post. just letters ,dots etc
I believe the work done by Bike and Dennis was great as the first thing on a new poster I look up his location and Bike.
It is going to take me awhile to learn navigation on this site and I will fully understand it a few days before they will be moving to a more secure platform.
Reminds me of PEACHTREE accounting program which made no practical sense. I ditched for Quick Books which was wonderful
Stick around Dadztoy Im reading your posts with interest. You saved me a lot of aggravation by directing me not to install the heavier spring but fill the pump with fluid

·
Administrator
21,986 Posts
Well, I'm having trouble making quotes work. Or anything else for that matter. But...

Jeff said:
"The new platform is more secure, faster, more stable, and is compatible with all new best practices for website design and mobile usability. It was much needed as the old software was unable to support current best practices and was choking the performance and livelihood of the site.

The only thing that was lost is the Yellow theme."

I think what Jeff is trying to say is, the old format wasn't giving the advertisers enough info about the membership, and this new format will somehow help with that.

I do miss the yellow, but will call that low on my list of concerns. The new site seems difficult to navigate, loses member identity and worst of all, seems to lose the flow of a thread.

Those issues are of no concern to Jeff and the others on that side of the fence.

61 - 80 of 151 Posts