Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello can you explain this further for me? You should see a post number and still see unread threads as usual.

Used to be there was a total 'number' of 'unread posts' but I don't see that 'number'.

-Gerrit
If you see a little eyeball somewhere under the tread title you are either watching the thread or the forum it is in. On your avatar at the top right if there is a little circle on the top of it you have alerts to the threads you are watching and/or private messages, now known as conversations and a number of how many also.
It's not the items I'm watching, it's have I replied to a post, that's the question. If I have posted in a thread, how do I know that I did, without having to go to my posts and searching.

·
Administrator
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
It's not the items I'm watching, it's have I replied to a post, that's the question. If I have posted in a thread, how do I know that I did, without having to go to my posts and searching.
Clarifying here:
You want to know when you've contributed to a post without having to remember, click into the thread, or look in your profile for what you said?
And would you want to know precisely what you contributed?

I don't think this was a feature before, so if we're going to be building this from scratch, the more information of how it will look/function will be helpful.

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
24,499 Posts
hover your cursor over the eye if you have posted in the thread it will show thread watched, unless you choose to unwatch it. it will show forum watched if you have not posted in it.

·
Administrator
24,499 Posts
I don't think this was a feature before, so if we're going to be building this from scratch, the more information of how it will look/function will be helpful.

-Gerrit
Yes it was a feature before.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Used to show up as Check Marks in threads you posted in, in addition to the paperclip symbol indicating a picture or other attachment.

·
Administrator
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Used to show up as Check Marks in threads you posted in, in addition to the paperclip symbol indicating a picture or other attachment.
View attachment 320585
Thanks for this, there is something similar with the eyeball functionality to show what you've seen.

Would you like this to be more obvious?

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
24,499 Posts
At least y'all are still active members since the update. My wife, Snorebabe, tried to log on and her profile no longer exist. This is what she gets when trying to log on to the forum "The requested user 'Snorebabe' could not be found." She has been a member since 2008. She PM'd a member on Nov 11th and on Nov 12th she no longer existed. You would think that the new software could tell the difference between Snorebaby and Snorebabe. How does this error get fixed?
If they would let us moderators have the tools to do our jobs we could fix it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 'checkmark' indication, or some use a 'dot'. This would indicate that you replied or commented or posted in the particular thread. The 'eyeball' indicates a 'watching' function. As others have indicated it was there before and it's on other forums y'all haven't changed yet!

141 - 150 of 150 Posts