Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Got homeMonday 6:30pm.Wiggled tween the rain showers 25% of the time.

Had a wonderful time in Montrose, everyone was cheerful despite the long distance most traveled.

Left Montrose Thursday for Grand Canyon south rim, a place Debbie never seen.

Bailey (our pooch) also seemed to take in the canyons view. He jumped up on a ledge & looked around just like we do. It was a joy to watch him look, very inquisitive.

Had to "Bugger" out of a Nebraska campground at 3:20 am though, lightening woke us up. We were warned by a fellow campertheir was a sever storm coming in in the AM. Got about 4 hours sleep, oh well.

Round trip, 3960 miles in 9.5 days and 2 were spent inMontrose. Comes to about 500 miles a day. Little (very little) saddle sore but safe at home.

Our (LOL- little?)trailer was a trooper, held what we needed.

Our 1991 Wing, not even a hiccup! Now for it's maintenance.... again.

SO-so much more to chat about (yaaAAaawn) but I need to hit the snooze button again. (click)

·
Premium Member
20,619 Posts
imported post

Welcome home FVM! Glad you made it AOK! ;)

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Glad you got to the Grand Canyon, I did it on my way in to Montrose.

I have to be the luckyest guy I know,,,,,, cause I went through Nebraska in sun shine. One of these times it's going to get me good,, I just know it :gunhead:.

Glad your home safe.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hey Floyd ,, the slow ride competition was only for Montrose ,not the whole journey ,,What kept ya man ?:DGlad you and Debbie and Bailey got home safe and sound , We hope to see you again next year .. You have to be there to take the mick out of Cousin Jack and his ST :cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
Hey Floyd ,, the slow ride competition was only for Montrose ,not the whole journey ,,What kept ya man ?:DGlad you and Debbie and Bailey got home safe and sound , We hope to see you again next year .. You have to be there to take the mick out of Cousin Jack and his ST :cheeky1::cheeky1:
Good gad..... what did you guys do for fun before I bought thisdamned ST?

I'm beginning to feel like George Bush!

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

wexy wrote:
Hey Floyd ,, the slow ride competition was only for Montrose ,not the whole journey ,,What kept ya man ?:D
What can I say, it's practice!;)

(slow-ride hint) "Make no waves in water puddles and keep your feet dry."

I have a great suggestion for next years "slow ride". But Iwon't tell here... and "I PROMISE" not to practice it. It will be interesting andchallenging,... even for me.

Glad you and Debbie and Bailey got home safe and sound , We hope to see you again next year.

Thanks!!!

Probable will, if it's closer. Like northeast or east USA. Somewhere in or close to the "Smoky Mountains" where people can enjoy nostalgic Americana.

Thanks FlyOne.
Shame you weren't there this year. We all miss't the antics.

Hey 'Winger77'.
Think "DUCKS". Did us good!

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Good gad..... what did you guys do for fun before I bought thisdamned ST?

I'm beginning to feel like George Bush!
Well? (George Bush initials) GB. In my younger days GB ment GarBage. :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

Good to know you made it back safely. It was nice meeting ya. It seemed like theBailey enjoyed the auction too. JB

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Glad to see you, Deb and Bailey made it back home safely, Floyd! :byebye:

Good on you that you got to see the Grand Canyon on the way home. Tis quite a gapping hole. :cooler:

Hope to see all three of you next year.

Dusty

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

JBz wrote:
Good to know you made it back safely. It was nice meeting ya. It seemed like the Bailey  enjoyed the auction too. JB
Yeah...I'm thinking you guys got out of paying for something or other that Bailey clearly bid on...I HEARD that bark! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.