Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
In Bandon, Oregon. In about a week or so, we'll be headed towards Ohio.
I am in Ohio. Where are you headed for in Ohio? Is the bike you are considering buying in Ohio?

So glad you are okay and yours is a very touching story of how to joined the Wing world.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am in Ohio. Where are you headed for in Ohio? Is the bike you are considering buying in Ohio?

So glad you are okay and yours is a very touching story of how to joined the Wing world.
Thank you! No, one of the bikes I'm looking at is in a suburb of Chicago. My family lives in Hamilton: 30 miles north of Cincinnati.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
that is just awesome, and I have seen some balloon artists who were pretty good, would like to see some of your work sometime...
You can check me out on Facebook as Yogi Kai. I love what I do. I have to do without a lot that many in the US take for granted, but that's my choice. Some of what I do without would be really nice to have in this lifestyle, but it's not important enough to be to stop my present course to work to acquire those things. I just figure that, sooner or later, I will be useful enough to the world that those few things I want will be provided. In the meantime, I'll just keep doing what I do until I can't do it anymore. Hopefully, that time will be a long way off!

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
Well Brother of you are ever around the Valdosta GA area drop me a line, I will take you to dinner and have some good conversation

·
Administrator
24,793 Posts
Keep in touch here and post your travels. I'm sure there are lots of members willing to put you up for a night or 2 or help you out with anything you may need, including me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Glad to hear you and your sister are doing ok. Can't help on the bike but there is a local trailer for sale for $350 if that helps?

·
Administrator
58,152 Posts
Received a message from Yogi Kai that they are going to head to Ohio in a couple weeks as soon as they are able to travel....

He is hoping to find a replacement bike, a 1500 that he can afford....
So, if anyone knows of something, please post it up in this thread.

As soon as he has a new bike, he is heading south for warm weather so that he can earn a living.

·
Premium Member
5,117 Posts
If you are in Valdosta then you are close to Tallahassee, would love to have the chance to meet you.
Sounds like a plan. Will be out of town until Oct 16. Anytime after that. I. Will touch base with you when I. Get back

·
Large Member
787 Posts
Just checked the local board, KSL classifieds, and there is only 1 1500 for sale and it's an 89. Has landing gear though, $2200. There are quite a few 12 and 1100's for sale on it though. A month ago there were lots of 1500's for sale. Guess they're going into storage because the prices weren't all that great. If I still had my 94 I'd sell it to Yogi with a discount. I'll keep looking but it seems that the cold has hidden lots of bikes for the year.
Edit: Changed the state to ID, no bikes at all. Changed to Wyoming found a 95 for $3300 in Afton. Not close enough for me to go look at it but it is on the way to Ohio. Can be seen at: https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/search/?keyword=goldwing&category[]=Recreational+Vehicles&subCategory[]=Motorcycles,+Road+Bikes+Used&priceFrom=$0&priceTo=$3,500&city=&state=WY&zip=&miles=25&sort=0. Says he wants it sold ASAP so he's ready to bargain. Worth looking at.

·
Administrator
58,152 Posts

$3300 O.B.O Nice bike for sale...about 110,000 miles. Second owner and I have had for 5 or six years. New tires. Want sold ASAP.
Text with other questions...307-248-0 five 9 four

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/44947254

it says there are 8 photos to view on that last link.

I can see a Reverse lever on it, but could not verify that it has the CB radio. Two of the photos seem to show only the FM/AM radio antenna....

If you call on this one, make darn sure it has the Cruise Control, or it is not even worth going to look at. the CB? you might not ever have a need for it, who knows.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Well Brother of you are ever around the Valdosta GA area drop me a line, I will take you to dinner and have some good conversation
Will do! And thank you for your offer. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Just checked the local board, KSL classifieds, and there is only 1 1500 for sale and it's an 89. Has landing gear though, $2200. There are quite a few 12 and 1100's for sale on it though. A month ago there were lots of 1500's for sale. Guess they're going into storage because the prices weren't all that great. If I still had my 94 I'd sell it to Yogi with a discount. I'll keep looking but it seems that the cold has hidden lots of bikes for the year.
Edit: Changed the state to ID, no bikes at all. Changed to Wyoming found a 95 for $3300 in Afton. Not close enough for me to go look at it but it is on the way to Ohio. Can be seen at: https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/search/?keyword=goldwing&category[]=Recreational+Vehicles&subCategory[]=Motorcycles,+Road+Bikes+Used&priceFrom=$0&priceTo=$3,500&city=&state=WY&zip=&miles=25&sort=0. Says he wants it sold ASAP so he's ready to bargain. Worth looking at.
I really appreciate you looking for me. I am really hoping for a lower milage bike. I live on my bike and will be putting more than 15k miles on it a year. Since I haven't much money, I need a long-term reliable bike. And although "wings last a long time, 110 k miles is still quite a bit. I've heard that a lot of 'Wings last into the 2-3k mile range, I have yet to see one in person, nor are they offered for sale online very often at all.

·
Large Member
787 Posts
Understand. There are several 1200's available but not too many 1500's. If anything else pops up I'll post it here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.