Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
"It's your head, you decide....."

(And I promised I wouldn't get further drawn into this, but...what the heck!)

Sometimes it's just "not your head." It's other people's head, too. If you're married, if you have children, if you just have other people that love and would miss you, it's not just your head...... If you're normal, you have other people in your life. To think only of how "good it feels" to not wear a helmet, and not how others would feel if you put a permanent dent in "your head," is not only selfish, it's cruel. Now, I'll forever shut-up on this forum on this subject!

Except, no I won't.... this is too important a subject to keep quiet about. I'm against human pain in the world, physical or mental or spiritual, and since I sincerely believe that not wearing a helmet increases all kinds of pain in the world, I'm against that practice. I can't force you to wear a helmet, so I won't try.... But I can beg you to, and I shall...... Please, wear a helmet; if not for yourself, for others. Thank you for listening.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't think their stubborn I think they just like to make up their own minds. To many of our choices have been taken away so when people come across something they still have a choice about they want to take advantage of it. Nothing wrong with that.

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
"It's your head, you decide....."

(And I promised I wouldn't get further drawn into this, but...what the heck!)

Sometimes it's just "not your head." It's other people's head, too. If you're married, if you have children, if you just have other people that love and would miss you, it's not just your head...... If you're normal, you have other people in your life. To think only of how "good it feels" to not wear a helmet, and not how others would feel if you put a permanent dent in "your head," is not only selfish, it's cruel. Now, I'll forever shut-up on this forum on this subject!

Except, no I won't.... this is too important a subject to keep quiet about. I'm against human pain in the world, physical or mental or spiritual, and since I sincerely believe that not wearing a helmet increases all kinds of pain in the world, I'm against that practice. I can't force you to wear a helmet, so I won't try.... But I can beg you to, and I shall...... Please, wear a helmet; if not for yourself, for others. Thank you for listening.....
Nobody EVER accused me of being normal. As of matter of fact I dont consider being normal, normal.
Beside this I really like your postings CJ so stick around, and write every time you have an idea. I think you are the friend I never met.

·
Premium Member
1,769 Posts
Having actually lived thru a very bad accident, and at the time wearing a helmet that prevented me from being a stalk of Broccoli, let me just say that since then, I never ride without one... If you don't think your head and brain are important, then don't wear one... I think it should be a choice - that being said, I think every rider should chose to wear one...

141 - 149 of 149 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.