Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:)Iam thinking of buying a pair of chaps, reason being ive put a few pounds on, and these will fit whatever your waist size:) does any one wear them in the Winter??,, will they be warm enough,??, will the master crotch cylinder be frozen?? Foxy,,ive seen you wearing them in the photos from the meet and greet,, do you think theyll be ok for our winter?? cheers pp

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

never wore them until getting my HD which allows a lot of wing by the legs.... yes they do help with warmth, not that leather has a lot of loft, it doesn't but they cut down on the wind

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
imported post

I like them when it's cold.I have to get my feet out on the hyway boards to straighten out the knees and the leather does block the cold wind.I've heard that you shouldn't buy the lined ones because if they get wet they take forever to dry out.I don't think you need the lining anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

One late fall day last year, we drove up to Moncton(about 2.5 hrs) to get a tire and browse the bike shop there. Bluenose bartered on a couple pairs of chaps, so I ended up getting a pair. By the time we got 1/4 way home, we had already declared that the chaps had been worth the price.

I have been wearing them a lot as it gets colder, and to me, they are a Godsend..

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

fatwing chris wrote:
I like them when it's cold.I have to get my feet out on the hyway boards to straighten out the knees and the leather does block the cold wind.I've heard that you shouldn't buy the lined ones because if they get wet they take forever to dry out.I don't think you need the lining anyway.
no problem with the wet,,, ive a all in one piece suit for the monsoons;)that will slip over ever thing,

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
imported post

pinkpork wrote:
:)Iam thinking of buying a pair of chaps, reason being ive put a few pounds on, and these will fit whatever your waist size:) does any one wear them in the Winter??,, will they be warm enough,??, will the master crotch cylinder be frozen?? Foxy,,ive seen you wearing them in the photos from the meet and greet,, do you think theyll be ok for our winter?? cheers pp
personally I hate wearing chaps but when it gets below 50Fthey definately keep you warmer. That and long johns do the trick.

Some people even use these:

http://cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/11330

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
imported post

Rain pants work well for blocking the wind also. You might possibly lose a style point or two.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I switch from chaps to Carharts at around 25 degrees fahrenheit.

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

I posted about this subject last week or so. Talked to a lot of folks, too.

My wife LOVES hers.

Most folks I've spoke with love 'em, even in mild weather for protection and warmer on cold days, keeps bugs/road grime/light rain off pants.

I just don't think they're for me.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

wrongway wrote:
pinkpork wrote:
personally I hate wearing chaps but when it gets below 50Fthey definately keep you warmer. That and long johns do the trick.

Some people even use these:

http://cyclemaxohio.com/inc/sdetail/11330
:clapper:those are the ones iam thinking about buying:clapper:i trade with cyclemax alot

·
Registered
220 Posts
imported post

I was lucky enough to be at a flea market where this guy was selling leather. I bought a pair of chaps for $40.00 and I love them for cooler/colder riding. I don't wear them in the summer, but otherwise they are great. My only regret was I should have gotten the biger pair as I have put on a pound or two(or three, or four...you get the point).

Jay

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
imported post

I have a pair of the insulated from CycleMax. Also a pair od leathers. The Cyclemax are the best deal on motorcycle clothing I ever got. They are warm, they cut the wind and will roll up in a very small package to store. When it gets in the below freezing temps I use the insulated and then put the leathers on over them. Legs never get cold.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
imported post

Never thought of this until a buddy suggested it, here in NE Pennsylvania we cut alot of wood for our stove and the wife demanded chainsaw chaps be worn as sometimes I'm alone cutting wood. The kevlar should work very well in the event of a spill, they really do cut down on the wind and offer some minimal warmth. Makes the wife happy to know I'll be home with limbs and master crotch cylinder intact either riding or cutting wood.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I used to think I'd look stupid in chaps.I was right! But I have to tell ya, they are nice when it's cold outside.I suppose I could wear them while riding.jimsjinx (just kiddin, we both wear them on the wing!)

·
Old School Guru
7,885 Posts
imported post

I'll be one of the first to admit that in all my years, I've always hated chaps. With that being said,I finally broke down and bought a set of the cyclemax insulated chaps, andI have to admit that it was the best $58 that I've spent. Easy on and off, keeps the legs toasty warm, the streach band at the end where they go around your boots keeps the cold air out, and if your legs are warm, the rest of you is warmer. very good investment.:)

Gene:waving:

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

I highly recommend them, just be sure you get good quality. They not only can keep you warm, but do offer protection if you go down.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

graham, r kid is selling a pair for 35 quid, never been worn, if you want i'll have a word with him

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

How does the sizing run on the cyclemax chaps? I wear a 44x32 jean/pant

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.