Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is the coolest thing! Just move your cursor around the map and see what the current temperatures and weather conditions are in cities all over most of North America!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Neat map! Pilots have all the best tools!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
imported post

Yep, it's a great site. Been using for quite a while. Glad you thought to share it with this forum as I did it on the 750 Shadow forum and "just assumed"----.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

Speaking as only to have been a "pilot" in a bakery,(use to take the loaves of bread from one side, & "pilot" on the other!)What do all the abbriviations mean ??

:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Are you referring to the four digit abbreviation that shows on each city when you click on it? Or are you referring to all the abbreviations on the site NOAA, ARTCC, CWSU etc.?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I really don't know I suppose they are identifiers for the weather broadcasting station, maybe so the pilot can dial in weather for that location as they get closer??

Not all of them have the information displayed but what I see is the 4 letter station call sign, then a time stamp in zulu followed by what appears to be the FM broadcasting ?wave length. I'm just guessing but that is what it looks like.

:baffling:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

Can you give a particular site we can all look at and will attempt to discuss question. (Comm Pilot 40 years)

BTW, this is a great tool. without even scrolling over you can see sky condition (+) clear; dark blue dot - overcast etc. Arrow plus cumulative feathers equal wind direction and approx speed (1 full feather - 10 knots 1/2 feather 5 knots)

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Just click on one of the dots or + symbols and a small window should pop up giving you the current temp, relative humidity, wind etc. and below that will be some writing in script that begins with the same 4 letter call sign as displayed on the top of the pop up window.

Best way to direct you to a pop up: click on Denver Centenniel Airport and it will give the information being discussed. I would cut and paste but it won't let me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.