Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well about a week ago the owners of the company I work for called a meeting. Until things improve a little the service department will be closed on Wed. Basicly it cuts the chance of getting any overtime. Today we are in the middle of a huge winter storm. (DIGGER forgot to close the door in Iowa) Temps are single digits going to sub zero tonight 6 to 8 inches of snow. And winds 30 mph. It reaally stinks. But to salvage what was sure to be a misrable day. I went to the garage fired up the heat and spent most of the day working on my bikes. Changed 2 windshield 1 on my Concours and the other on the 1500. Also cleaned both bikes and I think the 1500 looks as nice as the day I bought it, maybe better. I may be bad outside but a Goldwing can take your mind off the weather and make a wonderful day!!

PS Digger close the door
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,713 Posts
imported post

Well Ghost, It's not that cold down here YET, but it has been nasty enough not to ride, so.............lights rewired, relay put in, alot of chrome cleaning, changing bulbs out to LED's, and after starting her up today to let her run, I have a leak somewhere from the radiator...or hose. So as its 5 degrees, I'll start chasing that down:X. Down hereif its now raining like a cow p!$$ing on a flat rock, its freezing cold!!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
281 Posts
imported post

It's going to be around 30 degrees here tonight and people are freaking out!....I actually had to put a liner in my bike jacket instead of just the mesh....people shouldn't live where, if you go outside, you will die.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
62,895 Posts
imported post

You guys have to have some thick bark to live like that..
My hats off to you..................
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
701 Posts
imported post

10:32 in the PM here and the temp is at 3.2. High tomorrow is suposed to reach 5 with windchills in the 25 - 30 below zero range. Guess I won't be riding.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,435 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
You guys have to have some thick bark to live like that..
My hats off to you..................
It's not as bad as it soundsin IL, it's just numbers.WI and MN and out west are a lot colder than us.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
55 Posts
imported post

This weather is no doubt strange. Weather here in SE Idaho feels like March weather. Our high today was 51. Looks all the snow is gone. Owell.. LOL looks like I have less time than I thought to get the GL cleaned and tuned.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
imported post

flashya2 wrote:
LOL.......Hey Digger, you get blamed for a lot??
Tell me about it :baffled: I am such a nice guy and still everyone blames me :shock: :D


Well it is 0545 and we have -34F windchills and high temp today of -2 F Anyone want to ride :action: Got a total of 44.5 inches of snow since Dec 1 :X
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thursday morning 5:47cst I have a digital thermometer right now it reads -18.8 That is flat out too cold. They call this an Alberta clipper on the news. How many members do we have from Alberta, and would you take your clipper back.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

How cold is it there this morning Digger? I figure you have it worst than we do. As far as snow we have only had 12 to 18 inches this winter.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
919 Posts
imported post

Yea,you guys in Canada have have your weather back now if you don't mind..Its going to be -0 tonight with -9... My poor old wing hasn't moved much at all in the last month. I try to get it out and put a few miles on it during the day. YOu know how these things start to leak,squeek and weep and creak when they sit idle for anytime, really bad when its bitter cold. Last time I rode home it was about 22 degrees and my tach started making a buzzing-whizzing sound. When it got over 40 that day it stopped but I used a syringe and dropped alittle 3in1 down the cable anyway.
Now my crossover tube has a tiny coolant leak. This is my 1st year with a Oldwing. During the summer it didn't leak a drop of anything. The cold brings out the worst PIA's in these bikes. Funny thing is after I ride it 40-50 miles the little drip stops and doesnt come back for 3-4 days after sitting cold, then on warmup I'll see a drop around where the o-ring is. Maybe its just the "nature of the beast". I'm watching it close hoping its just a burden like Harley's have with oil drips.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
You guys have to have some thick bark to live like that..
My hats off to you..................
It gives us something to talk about, and lessens the risk of being burnt out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,902 Posts
imported post

I used to bring the CB350s and 750s in the house to do that stuff.

Too bad the Goldwings are too heavy for me to move iside.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,775 Posts
imported post

The tool I've been waiting on will be here this afternoon so tomorrow the heater gets fired up & the steering head bearings get adjusted properly for the coming season. Of course after the work is done a substantial cleaning session will follow.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
931 Posts
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Well about a week ago the owners of the company I work for called a meeting. Until things improve a little the service department will be closed on Wed. Basicly it cuts the chance of getting any overtime. Today we are in the middle of a huge winter storm. (DIGGER forgot to close the door in Iowa) Temps are single digits going to sub zero tonight 6 to 8 inches of snow. And winds 30 mph. It reaally stinks. But to salvage what was sure to be a misrable day. I went to the garage fired up the heat and spent most of the day working on my bikes. Changed 2 windshield 1 on my Concours and the other on the 1500. Also cleaned both bikes and I think the 1500 looks as nice as the day I bought it, maybe better. I may be bad outside but a Goldwing can take your mind off the weather and make a wonderful day!!

PS Digger close the door
Hey Ghost Rider, how about you close your door. were getting the same over here in Ohio.:waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
62,895 Posts
imported post

tricky wrote:
Foodman wrote:
You guys have to have some thick bark to live like that..
My hats off to you..................
It gives us something to talk about, and lessens the risk of being burnt out.
I see a good sense of humor is alsoa mustfor survival.........:cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
imported post

Foodman wrote:
tricky wrote:
Foodman wrote:
You guys have to have some thick bark to live like that..
My hats off to you..................
It gives us something to talk about, and lessens the risk of being burnt out.
I see a good sense of humor is alsoa mustfor survival.........:cheeky1:
Well it definitely is an asset:cooldevil:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

kylesmuskie wrote:
Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Well about a week ago the owners of the company I work for called a meeting. Until things improve a little the service department will be closed on Wed. Basicly it cuts the chance of getting any overtime. Today we are in the middle of a huge winter storm. (DIGGER forgot to close the door in Iowa) Temps are single digits going to sub zero tonight 6 to 8 inches of snow. And winds 30 mph. It reaally stinks. But to salvage what was sure to be a misrable day. I went to the garage fired up the heat and spent most of the day working on my bikes. Changed 2 windshield 1 on my Concours and the other on the 1500. Also cleaned both bikes and I think the 1500 looks as nice as the day I bought it, maybe better. I may be bad outside but a Goldwing can take your mind off the weather and make a wonderful day!!

PS Digger close the door
Hey Ghost Rider, how about you close your door. were getting the same over here in Ohio.:waving:
Man I am sorry I was running a little late this morning being I had to figure out how to get van started and the shiver all the way there. It is -15.7 right now. I will run out to the back yard and close the gate now. Should be warmer there in a day or so.

:D:D
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top