Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

This is weird.. about 3 weeks ago, I went to start the bike, turned the key "on", pressed the starter button and she turned over as usual. It had been sitting for a bit, so it didn't start on the first try, on the second attempt, when I pressed the start button, it would not turn over and the left side instrument warning lights and the headlight went out. I turned the key off and then back on. Same thing the headlight and left warning lights were out (high beam, side stand and neutral lights) I found that the fuse for the "tail lights" was burned. I replaced it and the bike started right up. I rode it about 10 times since this instance and had no problems. It has been sitting for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I just went and started her up, first try, pulled her out of the garage, let her warm up for about 5 mins, then turned her off while I cleaned the windshield. When I went to start the bike up again, as soon as I turned the key, the lights went out again and would not start. The same fuse blew again (tail light). I have tried 6 fuses and all have blown within 2 sec. including a 20 amp fuse. (normal was 15 amp). I then proceeded to un-plug the factory connections at the trunk and tail lights on both sides in the rear. Still blew another fuse. I then un-plugged the 2 large plugs located under the passenger part of the seat.(not sure if these even go to the tail lights). BLEW ANOTHER FUSE !! ....SOMEONE HELP !!! :?:X:?

1 - 1 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.