Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad to here!

Thanks for the welcome! We are looking forward to answering any questions any of you may have about our shields, just call, email or post it here! We are really excited to be offering Tinted windshields for Gl1500, GL1800 and F6B models. That's right, you can get any F4 Customs Gold Wing shield in Clear or Tint! Again, thanks for having us!

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts

Welcome:waving:F4Customs

·
Registered
24 Posts
F4 Screen

Hi All

I bought a standard size F4 screen with a vent hole for my 98 1500 and had it shipped to Europe at great expense

For the first few years the screen was great.

Then the screen started to look crazed bellow the vent, but was still intact

Now the screen has started cracking from the lower corners of the vent hole.

I contacted the supplier and was told it was out of warranty and couldnt help.

They did offer a discount on a new one, but with shipping to UK it was still far to expensive for something I have lost faith in

I decided to drill a tiny 1mm hole at the end of each crack to prevent it going further, this didnt work, the crack has continued past the hole

Has anybody else had any problems.

looks like its back to my old OEM screen

Steve

·
Trike Master
1,227 Posts
Very strange!
The base material for the F4 is polycarbonate. This material is not prone to cracking!!!
Again, very strange.
Sorry to hear of your problem.
Got my F4+4, tinted/vented recently and am very pleased.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Hi All

I bought a standard size F4 screen with a vent hole for my 98 1500 and had it shipped to Europe at great expense

For the first few years the screen was great.

Then the screen started to look crazed bellow the vent, but was still intact

Now the screen has started cracking from the lower corners of the vent hole.

I contacted the supplier and was told it was out of warranty and couldnt help.

They did offer a discount on a new one, but with shipping to UK it was still far to expensive for something I have lost faith in

I decided to drill a tiny 1mm hole at the end of each crack to prevent it going further, this didnt work, the crack has continued past the hole

Has anybody else had any problems.

looks like its back to my old OEM screen

Steve
I've had the exact same problem, except I've not drilled a hole at the crack, and it has not expanded since I first noticed it a few months ago. I've not contacted F4 about it yet, but mine is several years old and also out of warranty, so I expect nothing will be done. I'll probably get another F4 when it gets bad enough, but it IS disappointing that it's not going to last any longer than the stock shield.

·
Registered
24 Posts
F4 Screen

Following my previous post

I have been contacted by F4 who are concerned about my issue with my screen and came up with a solution to restore my faith in F4

I would like to recommend them to all and thank them for their concern.

Steve::claps::bow:

·
Registered
59 Posts
F4

We just try and treat our riders the way we want to be treated. We are a family organization and continue to try and earn your business. Ride Safe.

Following my previous post

I have been contacted by F4 who are concerned about my issue with my screen and came up with a solution to restore my faith in F4

I would like to recommend them to all and thank them for their concern.

Steve::claps::bow:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Do you offer a service where you install a vent into a customer windshield? Mine is not a stock screen, PO had replaced it with one that is "colored" to match bike at the bottom

·
Registered
59 Posts
Windshield vent

I am sorry but we don't do this as we could damage the existing shield. If you need a template to cut one in let me know and we can get you one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.