Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

HI I have a GL1800 A4. I think I heard someone once mention that you can personalise the welcome message on the bike. Anyone know how to do it????

I notice in the title I put Massage .. perhaps I had something else on my mind at the time????

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
imported post

Wait.....you mean the 1800's dont welcome you with a massage?

I was going to buy one but I think I'll wait til they fix that :waving:

Just kidding around.
I heard the message can be changed, an 1800 guru will be along.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

dan filipi wrote:

Of course they do, you just push the auto massage button, set the time, intensity, preferred type of massage and enjoy. (It's right next to the espresso/cappucino button.)

As far as changing the welcome message, its pretty straight forward and explained well in the manual. Instructions start on page 23 in my '06 owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

i usually say "please just start":cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

think there was a thread on this as well giving instructions, take a while to do it mind as you are reading the instructions, get to the next bit and it has timed out, good fun though

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

My 1100 gives me a welcome message, as well as a welcome massage.

When I hit the key and button, she pops to life and whispers "Where we going today dad?" while the gentle vibration of that boxer engine gently massages my backside into the seat just perfectly. :)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

TitaniumWing wrote:
dan filipi wrote:

Of course they do, you just push the auto massage button, set the time, intensity, preferred type of massage and enjoy. (It's right next to the espresso/cappucino button.)

As far as changing the welcome message, its pretty straight forward and explained well in the manual. Instructions start on page 23 in my '06 owner's manual.
Must be a more modern function as my manual from page 23 onwards only shows how the adjust the illumination levels and the the clock and so on. Thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Go into your Navi Setup/info Menu-pick setup/ceremony

Press enter

Three choices, standard, custom and logo

Pick the middle one highlight and hit enter

Use the keyboard to type in a few letters. It will say Hello and you can put in your name or something else, but is limited a bit. Hit ok and enter

Now when the bike is started it will show the goldwing logo , then say Hello and your name or?

When you turn the bike off it will say SEE YOU.

Kit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.