Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever any of us gets a new project the same thread is started: "What do I need to check/fix/learn?"

I want to ask a different question:
What would you do if you got your hands on a bone stock, black 1994 GL1500A and you could do anything with it?
What mods, pipes, paint scheme, improvements would you make?

What would be your dream setup?
IMG_20200827_094326824.jpg

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,168 Posts
first thing I would do with that one, is get rid of that backrest, and replace it with a Utopia.
JMPO, but I hate those bars on the sides.... had two of them, never again.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Send the radio to seirea electroics for refresh

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Looks like it needs a set of highway pegs.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
552 Posts
I'd sell it for cash I could put toward a 2006+ GL1800. Don't need to be fiddling with carbs at my age.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I have the same backrest,Love it ,riders with back issues need some support.

Reactions: siouxindian

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'd remove the backrest. Passenger arm rests if riding with the MRS. Gas/oil then ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe if it were possible change it to fuel injection. Also, passenger arm rests for “The Precious Cargo”!

·
Administrator
26,544 Posts
Its nice to see an unmolested Goldwing.
I agree & an unmolested one should stay that way IMO. If you want to do major modifications find one that has already been molested.

Reactions: BadMonk's1200

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
There’s another wing in the garage,naked too,

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I'd sell it for cash I could put toward a 2006+ GL1800. Don't need to be fiddling with carbs at my age.
Well, I've had two GL1500s and have ridden many 1800s. I would trade either of my 15s for an 1800. The 1500 is the most comfortable motorcycle in the world out on the road. At age 78, I could ride from tank to tank and never get tired. I could do figure 8s across a parking lot. Yes, it was heavy, but you learn to handle that. In over 300,000 miles on the two bikes I only adjusted the carbs on one of them, one time. If someone hadn't bumped the 2000SE and knocked it off the side stand, laying it over onto a handrail, braking plastic from the faring to the side bags I would still be riding it. The cost of plastic totaled the bike.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Wow, you don't find early wings that look like that very often, although I don't like black. It disappears into the asphalt making it hard to see on the road.

Personally, I would add chrome covers over the faring side markers, a chrome radiator grille, chrome scuff protectors for the lower front of the side bags, especially if you have a passenger, lights for the side bags, headlight upgrade from a 2000 model (it blows a hole in the darkness that is hard to believe), chrome trim for the front of the faring and ride much, ride safe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Put what you want on it and ride it, everybody taste is different but you only have yourself and your best half to please. The bike looks great as is. Put some miles on it and find out what YOU want or need and add those things and you will be happy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts