Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Welcome to the new style message board folks. This one has loads of features and is the type that is most popular at present. I had to make the change as Dream Tools are going bust, but have promised to host the old board until my subscription expires in December. Some of the benefits for you folks here are;

1. Much more comprehensive interface, URLs in posts should now be live. You can currently choose to view the forum in the default style (green & grey WoWBB theme) or the style that matches the rest of the web site. To do this, just log in and go to "My Account" and select your theme preferences.

2. Ability to attach signatures to posts.

3. The threaded interface is gone. Don't know about you guys, but this used to drive me nuts following the thread down the page. This way all the replies are visible and also I've set it so that replies to older posts will pop up the top of the page.

4. Unlimited message storage. The old board had a 4000 message limit and we had over 7000 messages since December. The oldest 3000 get binned. On this forum there are no limits as I now own the software and can set my own limits. All the posts (except of course spam, flames etc) will be kept and not dumped into an archive.

5. Almost unlimited customization options (only limited by my limited skills at this). It will take me a while to get this looking the way I would like and there will be bugs (the clock is slow for a start), but I will get there with your perseverance. Let me know about any bugs, the support guys at WOWbb (where I bought the software) are really on the ball and very helpful.

6. You can upload Avatars (a little picture of yourself in your profile) if you want and also upload images. The size limits I imposed (to cut down on space usege) are available in your profile options.

Loads of other improvements I forgot as there's so much to remember!

To anyone who didn't get an e-mail about the new board, my apologies. A ton of things to do and not enough time as usual. All my fault, can't blame anyone else.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Well done Steve, looks really nice and loadsa buttons to play with. Tell Dylan I hope he is well now and I have a nice kiddies Quad on loan for a week from the shop he canhave a go onwith if he wants to.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Well done Sire. It looks great and loads of buttons to use, I hope I can master them all. Scooter will have to provide something more impressive than a quad for Dylan to play with, what about an 1800 wing for starters. This young manis not easy impressed. :D ;)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
imported post

Well done, Steve.

Much more pleasant to look at.

Really enjoy your site

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

:dude:Great work as usual steve. Do yo uever get anything wrong! If you need any help with site development just let me know and i'dbe happy to lend a hand (i'm an IT lecturer and specilise in Programing languages and Web designe (but not spelling;)).

Best of luck to you and yours.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

:) Great Job Steve! The new style message board is awesome. Looking forward to coming back, again and again.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

I’m active on a few sites, new to this forum. It’s amazing how much information is available on sites like this one…

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Well Craig, send some more folks over here to get a good start. The old forum here was just getting nice and fat before we changed to this one, but I have to say the facilities here are tremendous!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.