Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Most people with my riding experience will see this as a "no big deal" or "this guy has a neurological short circuit somewhere", but I'm actually proud of myself for surviving myfirst attempted oil change on the 1500. Ok, so I found that the little thin pipe running just outboard of the drain plug burns your hand prettywell when you bump it and the dipstick shows it's just a mini-smidge overfilled but it was just as easy or easier than the Shadow 1100 was.

A little tough getting it up on some plywood so the center stand wouldn't dig into the driveway asphalt and it wasn't THAT heavy to pick up :shock: when I thought the side stand was down but wasn't but hey, I've STARTED working on this new bike and may even try the timing belt replacement one of these days. Hey, if I can do it anyone can, so whoever might be afraid to dig into things a little bit, go for it. Lots of help and encouragement can be found here, saves some bucks and gets you knowing your scoot all that much better!

And no one saw me pick it up for the first time. I am blessed indeed.

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
imported post

LOL...pretty bike Bravo. And yes, you can do all of the maintenance to it. Welcome to the greatest Goldwing forum. I changed my timing belts this year. With the help from the guys on here, it was easy. Need help??? Just ask.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

I agree... totally tasty ride!

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

:claps: ITs feels good don't it ? :claps: When your ready to tackle the timing belts set aside a nice day . It may not take all day but leave yourself plenty of time . Here is a link to a nice tutorial :Honda Goldwing GL1500 Timing Belts Replacement, and you might find more here on the site as well . Its not as hard as it is intimidating .

Enjoy your bike , visit with us often and if ya got questions ....Ask . Folks here love to help a fellow out .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.