Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wife and I are headed to "Shaver Lake" in the Sierras as has been our habit for 4 years now - for New Years/2nd Anniversary. She doesn't know it yet but I just got her heated gloves for Christmas to go with her heated vest. The bike heaters are fine for me. Traffic was a little heavy on the 101 this morning because we are the only North/South route open in California due to snow for the truckers/cagers. I was thinking about setting up like this for our "ride in the mountains" - anybody put this on their wing yet? Whatdya think? :cheeky1::action::cheeky1::action:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

I'm pretty sure I speak for most of the rest of the US 'wingers (save for some in Florida maybe) in saying you SoCal'ersaren't allowed totalk about winter :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1: :cheeky1:

This is winter Missouri style:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

10-4 on that we got the same thing in Kansas last year and it has been like that the last day and a half. out here in gods country all that heated stuff and bike heaters are good for is keeping you from going un concious from hypothermya not keeping you warm.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

OUCH!! - Sorry to see about your "fall" - da_bull. Hope ya got a chainsaw - looks like it'll make good firewood.

But you see MANY Californians - such as myself - are "transplants" (I came in 2003).

This was my last winter in Newbury, Massachusetts - my house and looking out my garage door.

Can't help it if I was smart enough to get out of it! LOL :gunhead::cheeky1:

By the way life is pretty tough here economicall speaking. The state has had a net departure every year since I arrived. A guy might get a complex or something. Aw it's OK if it keeps up I may have the place to myself!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Yup, I had 3 of my friends and two additional chainsaws to cut my cars out, and after we got the cars uncovered, I spent days cutting the rest up and towed the firewood to the place I worked. Totalled the BMW, but the Chevelle only got two little dings on top of the roof.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Man I'm glad to hear that the chevy came out ok...Too nice of a looking car to get squashed!!!!!!....Sorry bout the BMW too.....

Claude....

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

Dont blame ya getting around in the winter aint no fun but i like cold better than hot. i can always put on or take off more layers when it is cold but when it's hot it is just hot. I must be getting old when i was a kid didn't matter what the weather was we were outside playing or working.

Love that Mass home looks like a nice place, Does that dog hunt?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Long shot wrote:
Dont blame ya getting around in the winter aint no fun but i like cold better than hot. i can always put on or take off more layers when it is cold but when it's hot it is just hot. I must be getting old when i was a kid didn't matter what the weather was we were outside playing or working.

Love that Mass home looks like a nice place, Does that dog hunt?
LOL - I did too (like cool better'n heat)- still do generally. The thing about the "dry heat" is pretty true out here. In MA when it got over 75 and humid I was miserable. Out here I'm pretty good through90 - I happen to live in a nice little climate zone that is surrounded by 80 to 100s during the summer while I am in 70's mostly. What they say about CA is true - if you want a change in climate - just get on the bike and ride. You really can ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon for much of the year - if that's your thing. Me - I just ride year round and enjoy the heck out of it. Take a break fo the rain since people out here can't drive in it and the drainage is very strange - could get a "flash flood" in lots of situations out here and be in big trouble.

Thanks about the home - that was where I was gonna "retire" -then divorce happened - now I live in a nice southwestern style home with my new wife - and just love the area. The dog is just a great companion - will be 14 in April - saw me through a lot - he's probably seen more in a lifetime than most people do - East Coast, West Coast and everything in between - he really has been a good 'ol boy - he's gettin a little lame now - but still knows how to demand attention - LOL

Hope you winter over well this season - for many it makes the riding time all the more satisfying come spring!

Glad yo got that firewood - that should save you a cord or so. Sorry to hear about the BMW - hope its insured

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

redbaron wrote:
Man I'm glad to hear that the chevy came out ok...Too nice of a looking car to get squashed!!!!!!....Sorry bout the BMW too.....

Claude....
yeah - I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if he's got some pix of it in its glory?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,683 Posts
imported post

Hey Blackdog!

It don't get hot in California :clapper: unless you live in Death Valley.

Now over here in Phoenix, we know what hot is all about.
Even so, the winters here more than offset the warmth in the winter.

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

Blackdog wrote:
redbaron wrote:

Claude....
yeah - I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if he's got some pix of it in its glory?
Yup, with almost 400 hp on tap, it likes the burnout contests :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

You'll have to excuse the 650 V-Star, I'd just brought it home that day. But there's a pre-tree shot of both cars. On a good note, there was 1/8" of ice all over both cars, and after the tree fell on the Chevelle, there wasnt a scratch on it, the ice protected the paint, just two little dings right above the drivers door. It looks like two little center punch marks. That deck took the blunt force of all the weight of the tree. There was a 10" round limb that was headed for the center of the roof on the Chevelle. Thank God I'd built that deck a few years prior. The bimmer didnt fair so well, broke the passenger mirror, dented the hood, roof, trunk lid, dented almost every panel on the top of the car and the drovers side, totalling the car, but I bought it back for like 450 bucks, almost the best 450 I've ever spent. Still driving it today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
61,413 Posts
imported post

Blackdog
You may have to change your plans unless you have chains for the bike.. Instead of Shaver Lake you may want to think Pismo Beach.. I just looked the weather there and it's not snowing...... Yet.........

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

That's exactly my friend's Chevelle, including the color but with black runners. Still has the oem R-12, even.

Did you see the red one that got totaled on the drag strip, by a friend? I think it was on "Destroyed in Seconds". Or was it a Camero. About that vintage, tho, and the guy had a ton of money and time in it. That's one reason I quit that stuff. :X Something is going to get it, eventually.

Blackdog Did you see the link on one of the other boards about this Matt guy moving out of "Taxachusetts"? Kinda ticked off one dude that is living in the Boston area. He commented that taxes are necessary so they can have a great life! :shock: Or something like that. :cheeky1: Look at @10

http://208.43.95.107/forums/showthread.php?t=198139

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

That's a good lookin car. His is a 1970. Its the only year that has dual headlights and the turn signals in the bumpers front and rear. Other than that, we can exchange glass, doors, about everything else. Purty shnazzy. I agree, something always gets my money. Last few years its been motorcycles, lol...

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

I missed the lighting difference. Not very observant, these days. :D

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

da_bull wrote:
Blackdog wrote:
redbaron wrote:

Claude....
Yup, with almost 400 hp on tap, it likes the burnout contests :D
Saweet Looking Ride - I bet THAT's fun. Which pushes your buttons more riding or driving?? :shock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.