Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Only had the wing for a little over three months but ride it almost every day. Always wondered if I could pick the bike back up if I were ever to dump it. Been riding about 40 years and am pretty confident but at the same time I knew the day would come. It did, this morning. Pulled in the parking lot at work this morning, swung around and came to a stop in order to back up and dang it I guess I wasn't paying attention or something and dropped her. Nothing damaged except my pride thank god. The good that came out of this is that I now know that I can set her back up by myself. And like they say, with out pictures, it didn't happen.:ssshh:

·
Administrator
27,908 Posts
imported post

We who ride don't need pictures in this situation, we been there and done that. :brokedown:

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Do a search. There is a technique for picking up these beast where a 5'-0" 100 lb lady can pick them up.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
imported post

Good thing mother Honda had the good sense to put the bars on them front and back!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
imported post

I,ve had mine fall over 2 times in the last month both times I was backing up in a parking lot my foot slipped on some gravel I impressed myself buy holding that beloved heavy beast for a good 30 seconds before I gave up ....you get used the embarasment

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Minimac wrote:
Good thing mother Honda had the good sense to put the bars on them front and back!
Boy you ain't a kidding. It basically just caught me off guard, you know that oh spit moment when you realize you are not going to save this one. I looked it over expecting the worst but the bottom of the crash bars seemed to be the only place that made any contact. Very good design if you ask me. Oh, I'm sure it will happen again, live and learn I guess.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

timkin wrote:
Forgot the kick stand once that was painful.
You too! I couldn't believe it when I did just that last week. Filled the bike with gas, pulled it into a parking spot and started to get off forgetting that little detail. It sure does make one feel like a complete idiot though it does reduce hubris. No damage done other than my opinion of myself. But then that wasn't very high anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

I've seen the kick stand/gas station one a few times. The last one was a guy on a Harley pulled up to the pump, hit the kill switch and let go of the grips and stepped off the bike.

It is amazing at the transformation on his face, surprise, fear as he jumped clear and then the head twist to see who was watching.

There must be something about the process of pulling in for gas that leads us to forget the important step of putting down the kick stand. Our minds must move on to the next step, whatever that is.

It is just like a lot of accidents on a long haul run occur within 30 miles of the destination. We are thinking of what needs to be done when we stop.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

I am so glad that I am Not the only one. When it happens do you look around to see if anybody saw you..........I did and said to myself this is embarresing

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hodgy wrote:
...Our minds must move on...
There's no doubt mine has moved on!:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:I just wish I knew where it went.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
imported post

Knob wrote:
Only had the wing for a little over three months but ride it almost every day. Always wondered if I could pick the bike back up if I were ever to dump it. Been riding about 40 years and am pretty confident but at the same time I knew the day would come. It did, this morning. Pulled in the parking lot at work this morning, swung around and came to a stop in order to back up and dang it I guess I wasn't paying attention or something and dropped her. Nothing damaged except my pride thank god. The good that came out of this is that I now know that I can set her back up by myself. And like they say, with out pictures, it didn't happen.:ssshh:
Wow dude! You be close to SUPERMAN....:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Yep, Metropolis is the home of Superman. A statue, the Planet (weekly), museum and everything.

:gunhead:
Buckfarrack wrote:
Wow dude! You be close to SUPERMAN....:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
imported post

Best thing to do when you drop your bike is just to act like thats the way it's supposed to be parked! Hang your helmet on it , take the keys out of it and walk away like it's normal! You'll get some of the strangest looks!:baffled:

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
imported post

KB9VBT wrote:
Best thing to do when you drop your bike is just to act like thats the way it's supposed to be parked! Hang your helmet on it , take the keys out of it and walk away like it's normal! You'll get some of the strangest looks!:baffled:
:ROFL:Yep,that's what i do everytime!;)

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

You should have seen the previous statue. Superman's feet were like 50 times too big for his body. The present one (the one pictured) is much much better. He needs to save the court house behind him because it's in bad shape and the county is broke. That spot is known as superman square by the way.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.