Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
26,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride with Dodge yesterday to one of our favorite eatin' places. On the way he noticed I had a tail light out, no problem, I'll put a bulb in it when I get home. Went to do just that today, took the light out, had new bulb handy, put new bulb in still no light. The friggin socket is bad, who would have thought? So I ordered a new socket, best price on Amazon (with free shipping especially) for a genuine Honda socket. A few days ago I ordered all the things I'll need to do my 100K service, wish I would have known then.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,683 Posts
ah dern Dave, hope I don't run into that problem when we do the PM on my bike....
won't be for a while now though, not riding much anyway.

·
Administrator
26,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And to top that off I had a flat on my tractor this morning. The front tires are pretty bad off anyway and I ran over something that punctures one with about a 3/4" gash. Ended up ordering 2 new ones, $215 worth.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
You could buy a new tail light bulb and just back a new bike up to it. Wait a minute....you have to the radiator cap go bad to justify a new machine.

Hmmm... any chance you ordered a new cap in that pile of parts....

·
Premium Member
747 Posts
Lucky I got close enough to notice. Sorry about socket and such. Just think how good you will feel about all those new parts ! Tires reminds me of that flat on my bike. If it weren't for bad luck. Enjoyed the ride tho.

·
Administrator
26,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts