Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been looking for a gw for several months now and can prouldy say that I am an owner of a 96 se. Couldnt figure out reverse until I read some of the posts. Seems like I also have to start the engine to get the reverse to work. Is this a sign of a weak battery? Seems to start the gw goood though. Anyway now I can scoot and cruize.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

No, that's the way it is designed to work. The engine has tobe running and the bike in neutral when you use the reverse.

Oh, andcongrats.It's a great bike. ;)

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Congratulations on the new bike! You forgot to tell us its color.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Congrats, you'll love it, our '96 has 110,000 miles & purrs' - rain, hail or shine :action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Congrats one the new ride, now get out there and realize what a great machine that is.

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the club!! Now you're hooked..

Enjoy and ride safe!!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

My new "baby" is white and in really good shape. The only thing that I do want to change sometime in the future is the windshield. Some scratches and looks like the vent was put in later, poor silicon job and some of the louvers are broken. I rode it back from where I bought it. About 100 miles. Still trying to get the hang of balance and turning at slow speed. Plan on going to local school parking lot tomorrow to fine tune my turning abilities and stopping abilities. I sure everyone that followed me today when I came to a stop had a chuckle. The last 100 or so feet, I had both feet down just in case it tipped that way:D

Hope to get good enough to take a 600 mile trip to Huntsville, Tx. in a couple of weeks.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,850 Posts
imported post

oh, you will do fine on the trip. Once over 10 mph she is a smooth rider.

Just do the parking lot practice and get the hang of slow maneuvers. just remember to get the clutch in the friction zone, and use the foot brake, not throttle, to control your speed in the slow turns. Works awesome.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

:DI'm sorry white, red is the fastest color :cheeky1: congrats on the new addition, ride safe.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

Congrats on the 1500. Does that mean you are changing your name from "scoot scoot" to "scoot and cruise"?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Congrats Scoot Scoot, of course you know what will happen, you will spend half you time riding it and the other half on here talking about it..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.