Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well after signing up here early summer and reading and learning alot about wing from all the great people here on the forums.

I think, after maybe deals getting messed up, three wings got thu my fingers(long long storys) my neighbor 2 houses down puts a 1984 redwing out on the lawn for sale. needs a few small thing cosmedic mostly i can fix all and all in good shape 20k miles on it. we talked and should be buying this weekend. so.... after getting plates and insuramce i should be riding by next weekend i hope. yaaaaaaaaaaaa. :Dand am looking forward to being part of the forums here no that i will have one.

thanks agian for all the help templing

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Congratulations templing! :clapper: And Redwing will be so happy it's RED:jumper:

Let us know how you like it!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Congrats on the buy! Just be careful that you don't go getting a severe case of safety chrome-itis..:goofygrin::goofygrin: :12red:

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey templing :waving:Congrats on your new :12red:be very careful with these red ladies, the speed is unreal. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

Hey templing, welcome to the finest GoldWing site on the net and congrats on your purchase. I hope that yours brings you as much joy as mine has.:smiler:

You sure made Redwing's day when you said that your new wing is RED. :banana:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

thanks i took for a test ride today it was great. Am just bummed out becuase i cant title it and get plates till tuesday or wednesay and the weather is great here this weekend and guess what rain in forcast for weds and thur lol but am going to be trying to clean it it up sunday and monday.

Its not bad but i t think i can make it shine a lot more. the guy put a lower windshield on, but has the factory one am going to put that back on as am taller then he is.

Now the big question the radio works but the tape deck doesnt , is there and upgrades for this year that might have a cd player and still work with the handle bar controls or is this not an option or just and option that will cost more then it worth. and just be happy with the radio?

agian thanks as for the first of may questions templing

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

P.S that was the fisrt time i rode with the back rest thing i thought as i could'nt swing my leg over the back of the seat the fisrt time i mounted the bike this thing has to go ! but.........after riding 15 mins with it i changed my mind it was really nice once you get riding .so... getting on a bit differant but am sure ill adjust god i cant wait to go for a long ride templing

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

templing,

No stock or aftermarket CD player available that I know of.

What some people do is get a multi disk changer an install it in one of the side bags.

Another thing that they do is get an MP3 player and an FM modulator and download your fav. songs to the MP3 and then tune your radio to the appropriate channel and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Templing:

Ride first, and then look up the fixes for the cassette. Your cassette may have the same problem as many of ours had. We found a fix.

Hawker22

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

templing wrote:
my neighbor 2 houses down puts a 1984 redwing out on the lawn for sale.
Hey templing :waving:I guess you cant beat these neighbours. :clapper:I have the use of my neighbours :18red:whenever he is not using it, and thats most of the time. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

ya i got it today ! theni had to go out with my wife (sigh) in the car didnt even get to play with it. so........... now shes pissed am oing to bed early lol so i can get up wash it then if theres time wax it. i'll change the winshield back to factory maybe after going to sneek a ride in early hehehe :jumper:today was good day i got it at a good price and i cant wait to get plates tues thanks guys templing

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

templing wrote:
ya i got it today ! theni had to go out with my wife (sigh) in the car didnt even get to play with it. so........... now shes pissed am oing to bed early lol so i can get up wash it then if theres time wax it. i'll change the winshield back to factory maybe after going to sneek a ride in early hehehe :jumper:today was good day i got it at a good price and i cant wait to get plates tues thanks guys templing
If I go out with my wife in the car I better get to play with it.....:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

Templing : Welcome to  the best Wing site EVER  !!  /forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/band.gif/forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/hallo.gif/forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/band.gif  You also have one of the best (as in long lasting, and best looking ) Wings ever... Keep the shiny side up, and the Rubber side down../forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies/cooler.gif.......  Sierra Electronics can do a fantastic job still, repairing old Tape Decks..... They re-did mine..... and they have several test benches set up to do it properly........... its usually the older belts ... and if you want CD type tunes... a tape adapter, a Mp3  / CD deck, buried in the false tank, and a  Thumb  Remote  Velcrowed to the left bar will get you smooth , reliable , 20 hours of Music that you can create yourself, on your Computer ... and handle bar  volume control.... If you get a model with a "big enuf "  in line remote.../forums/images/emoticons/extrasmilies2/banana.gif You can even have tune control  under a leather clad thumb.... LOL... SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

templing wrote:
P.S that was the fisrt time i rode with the back rest thing i thought as i could'nt swing my leg over the back of the seat the fisrt time i mounted the bike this thing has to go ! but.........after riding 15 mins with it i changed my mind it was really nice once you get riding .so... getting on a bit differant but am sure ill adjust god i cant wait to go for a long ride templing
Stab your leg over instead of swinging, or if you want to abuse your side stand, step on the floorboard to swing over. It is all possible and the backrest makes it worth while. It is even possible with mine to mount, then stab the backrest in.

A few, like Paul, do not like the backrests. But when I roll down the road leaning back into the rest, with my elbows on the passenger armrests, feet up on the pegs, sipping a cold drink and generally chilling out....I really wonder how I ever crossed country on my other bikes. Of course napping is an issue!!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
templing wrote:
Stab your leg over instead of swinging, or if you want to abuse your side stand, step on the floorboard to swing over. It is all possible and the backrest makes it worth while. It is even possible with mine to mount, then stab the backrest in.

A few, like Paul, do not like the backrests. But when I roll down the road leaning back into the rest, with my elbows on the passenger armrests, feet up on the pegs, sipping a cold drink and generally chilling out....I really wonder how I ever crossed country on my other bikes. Of course napping is an issue!!
I have no problem stabbing my leg over to get on, where I have to do a little dance is when I get dismount, either hop a little on my left leg or take a chance of scratching my bike or scuff my seat with my boot soul. I just don't think I could make it over the high hurdles anymore.:grinner:

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

well am finding my pants arent loose eough lol so i have to pull up on my bottom pant leg :action:but it works and getting off i get off the wrong side of the bike and i have no problem haaa i think its time to get some dockers :Dand thanks for the tip on the cd mounting idea in the false tank. templing

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

where I have to do a little dance is when I get dismount
Make more rest stops and drink less liquids!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
where I have to do a little dance is when I get dismount
Make more rest stops and drink less liquids!
If I drink less liquids in this heat I will dehydrate...I like to dance anyway.:goofygrin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.