Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

well it has been loseing a little coolant here and there but it has gotten serious about it now, so today i filled the rad. again and pulled the cap off the reservoir and started her up, revved it a couple time and the tell tale bubbles started comming up in the reservoir,,,,,,,,,,, looks like i'm gonna have to do this again during riding season:lash:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

sctrucker wrote:
well it has been loseing a little coolant here and there but it has gotten serious about it now, so today i filled the rad. again and pulled the cap off the reservoir and started her up, revved it a couple time and the tell tale bubbles started comming up in the reservoir,,,,,,,,,,, looks like i'm gonna have to do this again during riding season:lash:
Don't be to hasty, it could be as simple as a split in the line from your radiator to the recovery tank.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

why would a split line from rad. to recovery tank be putting air bubbles in recovey tank?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

sctrucker wrote:
why would a split line from rad. to recovery tank be putting air bubbles in recovey tank?
It's a long shot but worth investigating.
A leaking line could explain the loss of coolant and when you refilled everything that line would be full of air, as the coolant expands that air bubbles into the recovery tank until the line is once again full of coolant.

I'm not saying that this is your problem but it's worth checking before pulling the heads.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

very true ken, heck i'll try anything to keep from pulling the heads again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.