Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello from Tulsa (Transplanted from Nebraska)!

Let me begin by thanking all of you for your prayers and continued support!! You'll never know how MUCH that means to me! :grinner: For those who don't know me....my name is Gina and I am MDKramer's girlfriend of about 2 years now. I have been here in Tulsa, Oklahoma literally fighting for my life at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America for about 3 weeks now. The decision to come to Tulsa for treatment came after a devastating prognosis from my Oncologist back in Nebraska. He basically told me that I had a very grim chance at survival (15-20%) with treatment, and 0% without....not only that.....but the cancer would grow quickly and the effects would be excruciatingly painful. Why am I telling you this....you may ask???? Because I want EVERYONE who is battling with cancer....knows someone who is....or is a caregiver to someone experiencing this disease to know that there IS hope!!! A cancer diagnosis DOES NOT have to be a death sentence....as I have found to be true!!!!!!! :cool:The care that I am receiving here at CTCA is above and beyond any kind of words that I can say!!!!! My Oncology team is absolutely upbeat and WONDERFUL!!!!! If anyone would like to know more about this....feel free to send me a PM and I'd be extremely happy to tell you more....and/or answer any questions that you may have regarding Cancer Treatment Centers of America!!! I guess the most important thing to remember is that there are people out there that care....and above all else....THERE'S HOPE even for the treatment and eradication of end-stage cancers!!!!!:cool:By the way....for those of you that know me from my previous post under Mike's page.....I received tremendous news yesterday!!!!!! The tumors have begun to shrink!!!!!!!!:cool:It appears that they are down about 20% andwe couldn't be happier!!!!!!

Now....after a lot of chiding from Mike, and encouragement from those who have been so willingly supporting us with your prayers and encouraging words....I've decided to take a seat at this forum.

Let's see....about me.....I am a 45-year-old mother of 2, and grandmother of also 2! Anyone who knows me, would say that my children and grandbabies....and Mike too....:DHehehehe!!! are the ULTIMATE LOVES OF MY LIFE!!!!!!! A little over 2 years ago, I separated from my husband of 26 years....and eventually made it legal. I wouldn't say that it was entirely a bad marriage....as my children were the result of this union....and my ex and I did have some happy years together. I won't bore you with the details of my marital problems though. Let's just say...Mike has been a blessing and a God send !!!! We started out as co-worker partners and developed a very deep friendship. Then after my divorce.....we developed a deep and caring personal relationship. He's been with me ever since....mind, body, and soul...and I love him DEARLY!!!!We share many common interests(one of which is motorcycles and riding :cooler:)and we just "click" like we were made for each other!!!

Let's see....my children. I have two. I did have 3 children but lost my firstborn to Potter's Syndrome just minutes after his birth. He would have been 25 this year. Momma has a little angel waiting for her in heaven someday. Jason (22) is my oldest, and one very intelligent and handsome man....if I might add!!!;) He is currently a Nuclear Technologist in the Navy and is stationed at Goose Creek, (a suburb of Charleston) South Carolina. One smart cookie!!!He now teaches the training that he received in Nuclear Technology!!! He and hiswife of nearly 2 years....come Thanksgiving...love the Charleston area! They have no children....and because of medical reasons....Ashley can't conceive. Good news though....they have 3 VERY spoiled "babies" as a result....a Rottweiller (2-years-old), a Springer Spaniel (4-years-old), and a "mutt" that was rescued from the SPCA.

Then there's my beautiful daughter, Nici (20)....my baby girl all grown up! She is my heart too!!! She works hard too....and once Ben (her fiance) finishes his education in auto body repair, she plans to attend nursing school to attainaRN. She andBen have my only grandbabies....Kaden (17 months), and Heaven (3 months). If anything could be considered my Achilles heel.....these babies would be it!!! ;) This extremely proud granny will post pics later! :)

Now me....aside from the information I provided above....I am employed as a Resident Counselor at aResidentialGroup Treatment Home for adolescents in Kearney, Nebraska. I've been there for4 years now and I have to admit.....it is both rewarding and trying work!!! I'm also agraduate studentof Educational Psychology at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. I am nearing the completion of my education now, and most likely would have been finished sooner....had it not been for the fact that I developed cancer....not once....but twice during the course! When I finish, I will be a Licensed Mental Health Provider (LMHP) and mental health therapist. Although...my intentions are to teach Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, or even Addictions Therapy at the community college level. My plans aren't set in stone yet...and I have even considered working in hospice. Only God knows where I'll end up at this point!!! Hehehehe!!!!

Well folks...I've burned your ears long enough!!! I look forward to meeting as many people as possible in this forum....and especially those that have so lovingly supported Mike and I through our current struggles!

May the windalways be at your back, and the horizon in your sights!!:11red:

Mylove and God's blessings to you all !!!!!

Gina

·
Premium Member
7,574 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Gina.

Mike is very highly thought of here, and as you know he has been keeping us informed of your progress. It is great to see another loved one joining us.

Please visit often and contribute as much as you want, you will soon feel really at home.

I am so pleased to hear that the progress in Tulsa is so positive. I will keep you and the big fella in my thoughts.

Just make sure he keeps that damned 4 foot slippery thing under control.

David and family

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

LOL!!!!! I'm assuming the 4 foot slippery thing you're referring to is Salazar....hehehehe!!! And by the way...Salazar can be more well behaved than Mike at times!!! :D Thank you for the warm welcome David, and Mike feels the same about all his friends here too!!! :D

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
imported post

Welcome from the
Steve Saunder's GOLDWING FORUM

A Big Welcome FromTEXAS

:waving:

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome aboard Gina,

Our hopes and prayers are with you and Mike.

Ray and Tracy

:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Gina, from N.W. Missouri!

There are times when this forum could really use a LMHP!

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Gina from Mississippi :waving:

This 4 foot slippery thing, what kind of snake? The Wife and I have a 3 foot Corn snake at home. Fun pet.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Gina ,I do not frequent this part of the forum very much as I am too busy swinging the axe in the other parts of the site ,But when a nice lady signs up and that nice lady happens to be Mikes nice girlfriend then I had to leave the axeing for a bit and come over andgive you a BIG IRISH WELCOME:leprechaun::leprechaun::waving:Enjoy your time here and post often ,,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

wexy wrote:
Hi Gina ,I do not frequent this part of the forum very much as I am too busy swinging the axe in the other parts of the site ,But when a nice lady signs up and that nice lady happens to be Mikes nice girlfriend then I had to leave the axeing for a bit and come over andgive you a BIG IRISH WELCOME:leprechaun::leprechaun::waving:Enjoy your time here and post often ,,Ciaran
For once I find myself in agreement with the axe......I must be getting sick!

Welcome to the forum Gina, Like David i'm glad the Tulsa experience is doing some good. Take care of Mike for us too please as he's taking care of you.

Enjoy and post often......give us loads of ammo to embarrass Mike with too!!!!

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Welcome Gina!! and thanks for taking the time to give so much detail!! My daughter does counciling too.. I am sureyou haveheart-warmers and heart-breakers.. Keep up the good work!.. and I'll keep you in my prayers.. SDB/Jim

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

LilJack wrote:
This 4 foot slippery thing, what kind of snake? The Wife and I have a 3 foot Corn snake at home. Fun pet.
It's a ball python Jack, and to be honest, he's nearing the 5' mark now. I know he'll be happy to see me home this weekend as he's due for a feeding. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Frightened Englishmen...:cheeky1::D:cheeky1:

Seriously, they eat mice and rats. Mine won't eat frozen, so he gets mice because there are no vets in the area that work with snakes, and I don't want to put a rat in with him because they're smart enough to get some damage done before they are eaten.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
imported post

Hi....welcome from the Netherlands!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
2,344 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
LilJack wrote:
It's a ball python Jack, and to be honest, he's nearing the 5' mark now. I know he'll be happy to see me home this weekend as he's due for a feeding. :cheeky1:
5 foot? pretty big for a ball python if I remeber right. Pretty snakes. Fed ours last night after it finally came out of hiding, she took 3 frozen/thawed mice.

·
Pops
4,519 Posts
imported post

[align=left]HelloGinaand welcome from Arizona.
[/align]

[align=left]
[/align]
[align=left] "Why buy'm if you don't ride'm"[/align]

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

Big WELCOME to a GREAT Forum ! Visit often.:cool:

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

Hello from Virginia,

Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Glad to have you with us!

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:

It's good to hear that treatments are having a positive effect.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.