Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Well we made it through the rain this afternoon, had a good trip, lunch in Eureka Springs, missed the gathering eh :?
I still can't find the Jamesons Wexy was supposed to leave :whip::whip:

It sounds like I might need a new set of front brake pads, hearing some scraping, I can do them if I can find asome pads, any ideas where there might be some in the area ..........

·
Pwhoever
3,338 Posts
imported post

Wish I could help you with the brake pads but unfortunately I can't. But I wanted to wish you a safe trip anyway....

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,640 Posts
imported post

If you are still in Eureka Springs,

Start at the Motel 62 and go east. I am thinking maybe 3 or 4 miles?? It is not far, less than 5 minutes from Motel 62.

There is a motorcycle shop on the north side of the street. Seems like it is in the middle of a nice curve. This shop has a lot of old motorcycles setting outside for display.

They stock a lot of parts and even E3 tires for our 1500s !!!!

I would not be surprised if she doesn't have some pads that will fill the bill.

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Sent a PM

I have 1 set only, new OEM pads here if needed.
I'm about 150 miles away so can run them over there (maybe today) unless someone closer has a set also.

Edit
OOPS, I thought you were in Eureka Springs,
Holiday, AR is not much further though.
About 170-180 miles maybe

http://goo.gl/maps/Qif8y

I'd probably ride over something like that.
I think I rode MO 86 last year and it was nice riding road. If I got to Branson before about 10-11 AM I would eat at my favorite breakfast place of course which is on the map.

Google says that is about 52 miles, 1hr 20 minutes from you. So I guess Google figures those nice roads like MO 86 are to take time and enjoy LOL
Or to stop and chase away deer, so ride safe and watch out for those large road rats around there and here!

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

He found a set of EBC pads at the shop in Eureka Springs, on a SUNDAY!

We were going to meet up about half way between us and I was just about to walk out to the bike when he called back and said he found a set.

WOW, I would never have thought of a bike shop being open on Sunday! Hard enough to find one open on a Monday.
I guess being Eureka Springs and a major bike riding town they keep better hours for weekend riders.
Wish more shops did that.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Ya beat me to it Chromo, many thanks for your offer to meet 1/2 way, I passed the "39 Classic Cycles" shop (thanks AZ1500) by a couple of miles & thought :wtf: it's worth a try, so I went back & sure enough she had 2 pairs of pads $30.00. I said I only needed 1 set incase some one else might need the other set some day like me. I called Chromo (before my wife :cool:) to let him know, if he'd left we were meeting in Mountain Home.
The lad at the shop told me to pull my bike into the shop after he moved a Harley.... Told me to help myself to the tools if needed, all I needed was a "C" clamp for the pistons,
So back on the road:action::action::action: & Thanks again:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

Wow, even let you use the shop too!

I'll be checking them out when I am in the area.
I like to support places like that when I can.

If I need something around here it always has to be ordered, even Honda does not have brake pads for my 1500, and nothing is open from Sat afternoon until Tuesday!

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Wish we could be there riding with you both. :sadguy::waving:

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
imported post

We saw a bunch of Goldings, and a few Harley's, too coming through Memphis Saturday... Were you in the pack? I wanted to go, but my d\ride was havein carb issues. Darn the luck...

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,640 Posts
imported post

Well now, that 39 Classic Shop is going to stay on the top of my vendor list....

glad you were able to get yourself braked back up :badgrin:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

galen avery wrote:
We saw a bunch of Goldings, and a few Harley's, too coming through Memphis Saturday... Were you in the pack? I wanted to go, but my dride was havein carb issues. Darn the luck...
Not us, we came from the other direction. Home to Eurika Springs :waving:

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Well now, that 39 Classic Shop is going to stay on the top of my vendor list....

Thank you John for your attention :claps:

For anyone passing through look for this shop on the right, you might see a large German Shepherd chasing a frisbie or ball ......

39 Clasic Cycles
7188 Hwy 62W
Eureka Springs
479 368 6087

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Wish we could be there riding with you both. :sadguy::waving:
Pete, you'd just drule all over the road, I know it's nothing new to many of ya but Dayum these roads need to be a "travelling" road show :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:

+1 on that little shop nice folks stopped in there to look around. They even called around to other shops for us looking for parts. Nice to have folks like that around when traveling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.