Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Out here "the season" has begun. In the past week I have...

Gone to the first "Bike Night" of the season. Pretty funny exercise at the Harley dealership in the Bike Mall. They gave us these preprinted list of bikes and asked us to walk the floor, find them all, write down the OTD price and turn in the list for a chance to win a "free days" rental of a Harley :cheeky1: Saw some cool bikes though at all the stops - for some reason Yamaha didn't open that night. Really nice 2005 MVAugusta in the Harley dealership - first one I've seen since Harley bought them for the motors for the Buell. I tossed the list - but I did kinda like the $28,000+ Screaming Eagle Street Glide with no bags and springer front end. Made a grea showroom bike. Do people still pay $30K for Harley's? Eh, not me.

Got back to commuting after a few days off to absorb the time change - it was 37-42 the whole ride and just beautiful watching the almost Full moon setting over the Pacific as the sky was turning electric blue - pre-pink before the sun. Then I hit the fog bank and it dropped to 37 - wouldn't be bad but I had dropped the windshield and forgot to raise it - had to hunch down a bit - :shock:

First long ride with the wife set up for for the Sierra Nevada Gold Country April 18 - a tribute to a biker friendly host hotel/bar/eating establishment owner in California's Gold Country who is selling out because his dear wife is on her last legs dealing with terminal cancer - should be a good turnout. I'll see many friends for the first time this year there.

The ride I host - mostly Indian Riders - is shaping up for mid June - Sequoia and King's Canyon National Parks. We usually have 25 to 35 Indian riders and go to some of the best riding that California has to offer in the Central California Region.

Still constantly reviewing parts of my plan for this year's 6,000 miler. Just got my "Benchmark Maps" Recreation and Road Atlases for Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. That completes my collection for the trip. I love these maps. GPS is cool and useful onboard - but I'm still a paper guy - and these maps are so purty - and they alert me to things most other atlases don't.

Cleaned the Bandit and made appointment to have the chain tightened and a once over in presale prep.

My venue has "The Pink Floyd Experience" performing tonight - taking my babe and a coupla friends.

Bikes on the road, good weather on the horizon, fun times planned with more to come - as George Bailey learned - it really is a Wonderful Life.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Ay Dave..
June 11 - 14 I will be on a ride with the Thousand Oaks Riding Club... TORC to Yosemite!! When is your ride?
Corvanture Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.