Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just though you guys would like to know that it was the welsh in fact that invented the very first anti theft device, whilst on a pilgrimage to London one day ST David stopped in a bath house to clean up a bit before gaining an audience with the royalty of the time, now with London being the opportune place for pick pockets and the like ST David was sure to be in a position to see his belongings whilst bathing and made sure that all his worldly possessions were folded neatly in a small pile, having finished washing himself he set his piece of soap on his small pile and proceeded to soak and relax unaware that the opportunist pick-pockets were close by and scouting for rewards, having finished his ablutions he alighted from the baths with a few other gents and was shocked to see that all other belongings but his had been ransacked, it was later discovered that due to the cake of soap being in full view that no self respecting pommy would go within 2 foot of his belongings for fear of the unknown.

The moral to this story is if you are in England and have a sum of money you would like to keep, do as ST David did and place a cake of soap atop your wallet and your fears of theft will disappear...:cooldevil:

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

We, the great unwashed applaud your sense of humour Taff.

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

I've heard that same joke with just about every nationality on the Planet inserted...however, it was always a 2-liner; never before have I heard it when accompanied with all the superfluous rhetoric. :shock: :cheeky1: :waving: :cooldevil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.