Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

They had their open house and I sat on my first 1800 after riding my 1200 I will say it was quite a bit different it felt so much lighter coming off the side stand and I was afraid to ask to test drive it because I would have really wanted it then. As it stands now anytime the better half and I ride now I have to remove my back rest so she can be comfortable but we were both on it with the rest on and she was fine. Looking forward to having 1 someday I can only hope. Just got back on my 1200 and left before I did something stupid.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

smiley wrote:
Still nice to dream ..
As Rocky Balboa would say,

Absolutely!

·
everyday member
514 Posts
imported post

I know what you mean about taking one for a test ride. I did take one for a ride and was blown away by the way it handled and ran. Crotch rocket on steroids and with storage! I love my 1100 but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one if I could afford it.

You mentioned that you have to remove your backrest to give some extra room to the boss. I had the same problem with mine. A little tight and uncomfortable for the wife. I read on this forum about relocating the trunk to give more room. I did mine and moved it back 2 3/4 inches. The wife couldn't believe how much more room she got and you can't tell it was done. I did a little research and found a thread on doing it to a 1200. Check it out and do a little search and I'm sure you can come up with more threads on relocating your trunk. It took me about an hour and a half torelocate mine. Something tothink of.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=12449&forum_id=1&jump_to=123326#p123326

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

John have you tried a re-location kit for your trunk on the 1200? I bought one for my current 1200 and made one for my first 1200, easy to do.Gave my wife about 2 inches more room.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
imported post

Ok I guess I should have read all the posts.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

You are cheating yourself John. Take it for a test ride. Just one. That's all you will need.

That's what happened to me. My buddy bought an 1800 and I took it for a ride. Then I got back on my 1200 that was in perfect condition. It just wasn't the same.

Fast forward 7 years and he decided to sell it. He came to me first. That negotiation lasted about 4 seconds.

I don't really miss the 1200 that much. When I do, I just twist my wrist and those thoughts fade....

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

nsjoe wrote:
You are cheating yourself John. Take it for a test ride. Just one. That's all you will need.

That's what happened to me. My buddy bought an 1800 and I took it for a ride. Then I got back on my 1200 that was in perfect condition. It just wasn't the same.

Fast forward 7 years and he decided to sell it. He came to me first. That negotiation lasted about 4 seconds.

I don't really miss the 1200 that much. When I do, I just twist my wrist and those thoughts fade....
So THAT's why your right forearm is so much bigger than the left.
I get it now.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

I haven't ridden my GL1200 due to motor issues, and the fact I got a Valkyrie. Am finally getting hte GL1200 road worthy again, it will be interesting to see if I can go back and forth.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
nsjoe wrote:

So THAT's why your right forearm is so much bigger than the left.
I get it now.
Rudy, are you sure that is what caused it?

Maybe he built that arm up doing something else, and is benefiting via the throttle.

Don't think about it too long...........:yelling::yelling::yelling:

Bad mental images;):shock:;):shock:;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.