Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

West again... our home....

770 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  norton 
#1 ·
imported post

Suddenly we're west again... with empty freeways and restaurants with names beginning with "Homestead" and "Stockman" and "Pioneer......" with small towns and men on tractors waving to us....

We love the south, we love the plains, in fact we love the whole damn country! But when the western mountains are in our windscreens..... we know where home really is, we know where we really belong......

Thanks to all we met for showing us the greatest kindness and hospitality.... I'll post more when we pull into the barn!

#2 ·
imported post

You two Ride Safe

#3 ·
imported post

I don't want to hear about nary a scratch on either vehicle!! Ride home safe and don't get in a hurry just because you're that close to home.

#6 ·
imported post

There's no place like home Toto!!!

It's alwausgood going, but it is sure great toget home! It was an honor and a pleasure to finally meet you and Red. You are welcome in Kansas and have a place to stay anytime!! :cooldevil:

#7 ·
imported post

My thanks to all who have shared their visits with CJ and Red over the past few weeks, it has been great getting to read about your adventures. CJ & Red ride safe and get home in one piece. :waving::waving:

#8 ·
imported post

I glad to hear that you two are having a great time... It was over due.

Its' really funny, how you can love traveling and seeing new sights, but soon you long for that turn that takes you home.

When Nancy and I took our long vacation, it was in Alabama. When we hit Montgomery and turned South, I knew that Florida and Myakka City were at the end of that stretch of road.

It sure felt good.

#9 ·
imported post

And I thought for sure that Mel and Sandy would be moving to Tennessee when Sandy retires!:D Actually, they can't move or we won't have anybody to visit in Ellensburg! We can'r wait for you two to get home and start reading all the stories you have to tell!

Bernie

#10 ·
imported post

The open roads are where the dreams and adventures are, the people and the places that made them what they are. There is little else that compares to the excitement of just pulling out with no other destination than who and what you'll find over the horizons you've never crossed before.

But home, there is so much said of it, home sweet home, home is where the heart is, there's no place like home. We've written poems and songs of it, and yet there is no real way of summing it up. It is a relaxation of the body, the mind, spirit and the soul. It is the place of comfort, solitude and safety. It's when you know this one particular adventure has ended and the time is right to revel in those memories that now yours for life. Remember, relish and relive them and then share them (hint, hint).

Ah, but I wax poetic.

A hot bath, a soft towel, a cup of coffee, a glass of wine or just a cold beer in your favorite chair.

CJ....Red ......Welcome home.

#11 ·
imported post

The open roads are where the dreams and adventures are, the people and the places that made them what they are. There is little else that compares to the excitement of just pulling out with no other destination than who and what you'll find over the horizons you've never crossed before.

But home, there is so much said of it, home sweet home, home is where the heart is, there's no place like home. We've written poems and songs of it, and yet there is no real way of summing it up. It is a relaxation of the body, the mind, spirit and the soul. It is the place of comfort, solitude and safety. It's when you know this one particular adventure has ended and the time is right to revel in those memories that now yours for life. Remember, relish and relive them and then share them (hint, hint).

Ah, but I wax poetic.

A hot bath, a soft towel, a cup of coffee, a glass of wine or just a cold beer in your favorite chair.

CJ....Red ......Welcome home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.