Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
I get back from Germany late at night on Wednesday the 9th. I'm not sure we will make it all the way there on the Thursday the 10th, but we will for sure make it there by Friday the 11th at the latest.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

rgmr250 - I'll be bringing a propane stove (small one) and if you need to heat something up or even just heat water your welcome to come over and use it.

Henry

·
Registered
300 Posts
Howdy. This plan is quite workable and it is what some of us do as well. There is a small town about 17 miles down the road called Halfway. They have a couple of places to eat as well as groceries. There are also other country restaurants within easy riding distance that have decent food at very reasonable prices, in Richland OR and down the river in Cambridge ID. Both of the places we ate at last year in Richland and Cambridge gave you a lot of good food for not a lot of money. The roads to both are excellent motorcycle roads too. :grin3: Cambridge is about 40 miles and Richland is about 30 miles.

We would love to have you join us!

John
Thanks for the info. I really hope I can make it. The dates are Sep 11-13 - does that normally mean travelling there on the days prior to the 11th, and travelling back home on the 14th? I'm thinking that I'll likely only be able to travel on the 11th, staying the night of the 11th and 12th, then travel back home on the 13th. Google says it's about a 9 hour ride for me (plus gas/food/bathroom stops.). I've only done short trips so far (longest was about 7 hours in one day including stops), but a 9 hour ride in one day sounds doable. My wife says she gets bored on the back of the bike on long trips (even though I really bought the bike for the sole purpose of her being able to ride with me, since she won't get on the back on my Ninja...) so I'll be coming solo - leaves more room for the tent etc. anyway.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I get back from Germany late at night on Wednesday the 9th. I'm not sure we will make it all the way there on the Thursday the 10th, but we will for sure make it there by Friday the 11th at the latest.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

rgmr250 - I'll be bringing a propane stove (small one) and if you need to heat something up or even just heat water your welcome to come over and use it.

Henry
Henry, I'm not a coffee or tea drinker, and it sounds like it's not far to go for food, so I probably won't need to take you up on that offer, but thanks anyway. I'm looking forward to the trip, as long as I'm able to get away on that Friday.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The dates are Sep 11-13 - does that normally mean travelling there on the days prior to the 11th, and travelling back home on the 14th? I'm thinking that I'll likely only be able to travel on the 11th, staying the night of the 11th and 12th, then travel back home on the 13th.

Everyone is free to come and leave when they want. Typically most come the day before and leave the last scheduled day. Personally Greg and I are planning on travelling down on Wednesday the 9th and leaving Sunday morning.

My wife doesn't ride with me either, except rarely on very short local rides. She also gets bored on long trips, so I can relate and will be coming without my wife also.

John

Reactions: UbarW

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
I don't travel without my two burner cook stove and sundies. I am always firm on cooking my own meals while motorcycle camping with an occasional exception of an occasional restaurant meal.

I will probably bring along my Campfire in a Can propane campfire if they are still prohibiting campfires.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
I haven't been riding much this year, but I think I'm gonna try and stop in and say hello to a few of you guys. I fly by the seat of my pants, so I don't know when I'll be there or when I'll be leaving, but hope to see ya!

Reactions: UbarW

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
So, who is all going, when are you leaving and when do you expect to arrive?

I have not finalized my plans yet. I know I will be available for travel on Thursday morning, but other than that, no other plan.

I will be traveling solo. I hope to be riding back with Wine_r on Sunday.

·
Registered
300 Posts
So, who is all going, when are you leaving and when do you expect to arrive?

I have not finalized my plans yet. I know I will be available for travel on Thursday morning, but other than that, no other plan.

I will be traveling solo. I hope to be riding back with Wine_r on Sunday.
I'm riding from the Vancouver, BC Canada area. I'll be leaving on the 10th, staying in Yakima, then arriving on the 11th. Coming back Sunday, staying in Yakima overnight, then home on Monday. I originally considered riding the full trip in one day, but 10+ hours of riding in one day... I'm not sure I'm into that - I haven't done any long trips on the Goldwing yet, so we'll see.

I'm curious if anybody is coming from my neck of the woods - might be nice to ride with somebody else, at least part of the way?

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
The wife and I get back from Munich late Wednesday night. We'll be heading out Thursday. We do have to head back early Sunday since I have to fly to Washington, D.C. On Monday.

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Greg and I are heading out in the morning. We'll be at Copperfield tomorrow night. See you there.

John

·
Administrator
22,365 Posts
This is pretty "last minute" but it's Bike's choice. Can't get the brakes up and running and messed up my back trying. I can barely move, even with oxycodone, so count me out. This is very disappointing for me.
If anyone is interested, a room just opened up in Halfway.

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Dang Dennis, sorry to hear that! Praying for a quick recovery for you.

John

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
sorry to hear of your misfortune, was looking forward to meeting ya..........................get well quick, Jim

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
sorry to hear of your misfortune, was looking forward to meeting ya..........................get well quick, Jim
Are you coming Jim? It would be great to see you again. Greg and I are at the Copperfield campground now. We'll be riding some tomorrow but should be back to the campground in the afternoon sometime.

John

·
Friend of Bill W.
1,930 Posts
I can't make the trip as my rear tire has been compromised and is not road worthy.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
was going to leave Thursday am, but was informed that I had to pick grand kids up after school. am planning of leaving in the morning on Friday, hope to see you'ens

·
On a Wing & a KLR
287 Posts
I won't be able to make it this year after all. Had an offer to go to Vancouver Island that I couldn't refuse. Maybe next year. Ride safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet John, Greg, Henry, Rick (Lick)!? and Jim at the West Coast meet and greet at Copperfield campground, I trust all made it home safe and sound, oh and Jim did you happen to find my silver spoon must have fallen off my bike on the way home!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.