Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

........3rd annual southern wv summer ride........

ride dates: july 14 and 15 2012

i will also be posting this ride on a couple of other sites, so the rooms may go faster...im not sure. just thought i would start the thread so everyone wishing to attend would have enough time to plan for it.

motel info:

pocahontas motel
3731 stewart st
welch wv 24801
phone: (304) 436-2250
ask for karen

count gilu motel
201 vocational school rd
welch wv 24801
phone: (304) 436-3041

big four motel
25925 coal heritage road
route 52 north
kimball wv 24853
(304) 585-7313

not sure of the rates at any of the other places...but i know the pocahontas is giving a discount for the ride, and will be the cheapest. (same as last ride)

route and plans havent been made yet...will probably be spring before i devote any time to plans. just wanted to get this thread up and posted for those that are wanting a definite date to put in for vacation time.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

as many on here know already (but for the newer members that dont)...the background on this ride is simply my way of thanking everyone for the help that was extended to myself and my family back on christmas eve of 2009 when our home burned down. if it werent for the help of the the vtxcafe, the goldwing forum and a couple of other great sites, my family would still be having a difficult time recovering. anyway, i would like to thank everyone here at thegoldwing forumonce again...and extend an invitation to everyone for the ride here in july. hope some of you can make it...

also, i would like to offer an open invitation to anyone traveling in this area needing or wanting a place to stay or a "guided tour" of the wonderful roads in the southern wv mountains...you are more than welcome to stay here. just let me know...always a place to stay here

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

just a quick bump again...not really any interest on here it seems.

hope to maybe see at least a couple of gold wings on the ride this year...not all cruisers

·
Valkyrie Scum
2,777 Posts
imported post

I don't think I can make it this year but if there is a 4th annual please let me know - I'd be interested next year.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Sure is Purdy country and great roads to ride, I was through there in mid Nov. Chilly 30-35 degrees the 2 days through there but had a great time.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

hey tybme, i am planning on it being an annual ride...hoping to do one every july. so definitely hope to see you here next year.

newday777 wrote:
Sure is Purdy country and great roads to ride, I was through there in mid Nov. Chilly 30-35 degrees the 2 days through there but had a great time.

thanks, newday777...there are some great roads here for sure. next time you are through here, look me up. i ride year round, so the cooler temps arent a big deal. hope to see you back this way sometime...

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

One problem is that you have chosen dates immediately after Nassir 5... I plan to do Nassir 5 and can't do both..

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
One problem is that you have chosen dates immediately after Nassir 5... I plan to do Nassir 5 and can't do both..
Sure you can................got to think possitive!

Ohh, the pics look great!

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
imported post

Hey, Luddy. Glad you're all in one piece! I don't remember if I ever told you about my passage thru Ringling (near where you crashed on the way back from NASSIR). Anyhow, my experience wasn't nearly as exciting as yours. Great people in that area, though! I almost ran out of gas, and no station within 30 miles or so. I looked for a well- mowed yard, and came up with some mower gas. God bless America! Good people everywhere ya go.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Just can't beat fun............the thrill of victory, the aganey of defeat, and just the fun of it.........it's all good!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

ok, here is a general itinerary for the whole weekend...beginning with dinner friday night when some of the early people start showing up.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * *

friday night...
PIZZA FACTORY
751 Riverside Drive
Welch, WV 24801
(304) 436-2200

as july gets closer, i will need a head count for everyone planning on being here for the dinner friday night so the restaurant can have everything set up for us with enough food.

saturday and sunday mornings...
STERLING DRIVE IN
788 Stewart Street
Welch, WV 24801
(304) 436-3271

sunday for lunch...
HILLBILLY HOTDOGS
6951 Ohio River Road
Lesage, WV 25537
(304) 762-2458
http://www.hillbillyhotdogs.com

we are planning on sticking to the times as close as possible.
dinner on friday the 13th at pizza factory...7:00pm
breakfast saturday the 14th at sterling drive in...8:00am
lunch at davy (cookout) saturday the 14th...3:00pm
breakfast sunday the 15th at sterling drive in...8:00am
lunch at hillbilly hotdogs in lesage, wv on sunday the 15th...3:00pm

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * *

i would also like to say that one of the motels is over half filled for the weekend of the ride. not sure about the other two as of right now...but rooms will begin going pretty fast over the next 2 months.

i will post a planned routing for saturday and sunday in the next day or two as well...

thanks for your time...

jimmy

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

doesnt seem to be much interest on this forum in this event...but i thought i would post the tshirt designs anyway...

design number one...

design number two...

anyone planning on attending and would like a shirt...please let me know. there will be a limited supply of the shirts on hand at the event for sale...but they always go pretty fast.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

now taking orders for shirts...the price will be $15 each to cover cost, expenses and paypal fees. have already placed the first order for 50...will be placing a couple more between now and the ordering deadline of saturday, june 09. anyone wishing to order a shirt...i will need your name, which design you want, color shirt (has to be a color that white ink will show up on) and size.

my paypal address...just message me and i will give it to you.

take care all...and hope to see a few of you here in july...
ride safe and be careful...
jimmy

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

50?? Hope you have that many show up.. sounds like a lot, at least from the response to this thread..

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

last summers ride here was about 30 bikes...and that was only from the vtxcafe website. this year i have made a point to try and include every site that helped out when our home burned down. this goldwing forum was a very big contributor to the help we received. it is the least i can do to try and repay the generosity of everyone for the help.

again...everyone here that would like to come and ride some beautiful mountain roads, eat some great food and enjoy some wonderful company for a day or two is most welcome to attend. one motel (pocahontas motel) is completely booked for the ride weekend already though...so only two other local motels left. if they are booked full as well, the next closest place will be about an hour away. there are also several people camping...if anyone here would like to go that route and save a few dollars.

hope to see some of the goldwing group here this july...
thanks for your time...
jimmy

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
imported post

I WILL be there unless something really important happens that weekend.... looking forward to it... any reason to ride...:waving::jumper:

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Major Rick wrote:
I WILL be there unless something really important happens that weekend.... looking forward to it... any reason to ride...:waving::jumper:
great news. looking forward to meeting you. if you would like, i can put you in touch with others that will be riding up from nc. also, i think the pocahontas motel is booked full for the event. not too sure about the others yet. are you planning on camping or getting a room?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

t-shirt designs
shirt design number one...

and shirt design number two...

ordering info...
cost of shirts this year will be a flat rate of $15 for each shirt...any size, any color and either design.
paypal address is [email protected]
please, when paying via paypal...include your name or user name here and ordering information so i dont have to figure out who sent what.
you can post in the thread or pm me what design (#1 or #2) you want, what color (darker colors please), how many shirts and what sizes.

shirts will be able to be picked up the friday night before or saturday morning of the ride. anyone that cant make the ride after ordering shirts, will have to pay for shipping to send them via usps.
deadline for ordering shirts this year is now this saturday june 23rd.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.