Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have been home long enough to introduce myself to my wife again, take a shower, and sit down to download all the pics I took.

The Jamboree was attended by Axelwik, oregonwinger (and his beautiful wife, Pat) Retro48, ubarw, and Marco's riding buddy, Pete. We also met a feller from Seattle that we encouraged to join this site. His name is Bob King, and had an 1800 that he was just breaking in, only 5,500 miles or so. Bob rode with us on Sunday, as we rode the Cascade lakes highway.

So heres the rundown... Friday, meet and greet. Dinner and campfire.

Saturday, we rode the Crater Lake area, including a run to the Pinnacles. Pizza at the SouthShore Pizza place. Nudder Campfire.

Sunday, the whole lot of us rode north to Crescent, Oregon, then rode the Cascade Lakes Hiway to Cultus Lake, and Elk Lake. Then Mt Bachelor, and Sun River. Lunch in SunRiver. Pete and Bob King split to the north, while Marco, Bob, Pat, and I rode to the Newberry Caldera, Paulina Lake, and East lake. 256 miles in 8 hours, with many stops to smell the flowers.

Theres already talk of doing this again next year, maybe a week earlier-whatever the group wants to do. It would be nice to see it grow... I think we all had a wonderful time.

Soon I will post a link to a webpage that will have all the pics.

One side note... If you break a cluctch cable on the first night of your long anticipated weekend of riding withyour Wing Buddies, not to worry. Just ask Marco. Believe it or not, he carries one with him at all time. Can you believe that? Out of Marcos sense of compassion, he hooked me up with his spare, thereby spared me from having to bag the weekend due to mechanical distress. Check the pic below.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

One more pic for now.

Left to right,

ubarw (di ck) oregonwinger (Bob) axelwik (Marco), Retro48 (Dennis), and Pete.

What a wonderful time, with great guys.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sure hope I can make your next year's run guys! It would have been a lot more fun than repairing the roof onmy daughter's house.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Had a great time at the 1st Ever Wingnut Rally/Mosquito Round-Up/Running with the Bulls Thingy. Thanks Marco for putting me up Thursday and the tour of Ashlands Brew Pubs. It was a great ride all around and the weather and roads were fantastic. Got to say, Oregon roads are great. Marco and I traveled together from Ashland to Diamond Lake and never got on a major highway. As a matter of fact it was kind of errie to travel such a distance without running into another car or bike. We did however, get charged by a lone bull while on the way. Fortunately Marco has Harley Sportster Mufflers on his Mighty Wing and when he reved his engine the Bull was scared away. Thanks Marco. The rest of the trip was great although I had to cut out Sunday. Thanks to all who made this a great trip and a well deserved vacation for me. I left early Sunday and it was probably 40 degrees F. Froze my butt off for the first 2 hours comming out of the mountains. Should have brought the heavy gloves after all. All in all I had a great time with a great bunch of people. Will look forward to the next one.
Dennis:clapper:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

It was a great trip. I'm glad you made it home fine Dennis, and we really enjoyed having you and your beautiful 1200 there.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

We too, had a blast. Sure enjoyed running into Bob King, from Sea-Tac. Riding a gorgeous new 1800. No deer whistles, tho. We all hope that he'll join this forum.

Monday morning, I went down to the dumpster, closer to the lake, out in the open, and the grass was white! So, must've been hovering near 32 degrees.

Thoroughly enjoyed that Cascade Lakes ride. Cool to start, but turned into a perfect day. And the Crater Lake rim drive was a lot of fun, too. I've lived in So. Ore, and have never done that rim drive. Great bunch of guys, indeed, making the ride even more enjoyable. Thanks, Marco, and Dick for all your efforts. Looking forward to the next ride!Happy trails.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
imported post

Marco- Thanks to you and Dick for putting this on. I thought it worked out great, especially with the magically-appearing cable. I always knew we could count on you in a clutch! ha ha :D

It was wonderful to meet everyone- what a great group to tour with, and what a fantastic area to do it in. The area was so great, we didn't even notice the $3.30 per gallon gas!

Just to let you know, Bob (King) and I hit McKenzie Pass, then every Cascade road available northbound, up to Hood River, at dusk. The highlight was a one-lane paved road section back over the ridge to Hwy 26. Picture riding someone's driveway, at high speed! I'm pretty sure that is not Bob Kings first bike- he's a pretty darn good rider!

I look forward to more pics, even the one of "fat guy sleeping with head on logs" (me).

Yup-per- let's do it agin' next year! I'll even bring "real" camping gear next time!

Best to all, Motorcycle Pete

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

Hey, Whats happening here? I didn't spell D i c k that way! Must be the Wow forum doing that. I doubt Pete did, either. Just curious.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Hey bob...

Its the forum. They apparently have filters. I am used to it, though. Ever since I was old enough to understand, there has always been people who snicker right after they say my name...

Its all good.

Later...

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

What I figured.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Motorcycle Pete wrote:
Marco- Thanks to you and d**k for putting this on. I thought it worked out great, especially with the magically-appearing cable. I always knew we could count on you in a clutch! ha ha :D

It was wonderful to meet everyone- what a great group to tour with, and what a fantastic area to do it in. The area was so great, we didn't even notice the $3.30 per gallon gas!

Just to let you know, Bob (King) and I hit McKenzie Pass, then every Cascade road available northbound, up to Hood River, at dusk. The highlight was a one-lane paved road section back over the ridge to Hwy 26. Picture riding someone's driveway, at high speed! I'm pretty sure that is not Bob Kings first bike- he's a pretty darn good rider!

I look forward to more pics, even the one of "fat guy sleeping with head on logs" (me).

Yup-per- let's do it agin' next year! I'll even bring "real" camping gear next time!

Best to all, Motorcycle Pete
Hey Pete,

Welcome to the forum! I guess you're an honorary Goldwing rider since you probably have more miles on a Goldwing than most anyone here! Yeah, it was a fun time. I'm looking forward to next year as well... maybe more people will come next time.

Marco

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

This forum has become a "must do" thanks to the many good people that frequent it.

Now, though, its complete, cuz Motorcycle Pete is here! For those who havent had the pleasure of meeting and riding with this guy, you are missing a treat. Nice guy, good sense of humor, awesome riding skills, great knowledge of all things cycle, and he doesnt even snore too loud, and to top it all off, he is wicked handsome!:goofygrin:

Thanks, to you, Pete, for joining us! And Welcome!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.