Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been home long enough to introduce myself to my wife again, take a shower, and sit down to download all the pics I took.

The Jamboree was attended by Axelwik, oregonwinger (and his beautiful wife, Pat) Retro48, ubarw, and Marco's riding buddy, Pete. We also met a feller from Seattle that we encouraged to join this site. His name is Bob King, and had an 1800 that he was just breaking in, only 5,500 miles or so. Bob rode with us on Sunday, as we rode the Cascade lakes highway.

So heres the rundown... Friday, meet and greet. Dinner and campfire.

Saturday, we rode the Crater Lake area, including a run to the Pinnacles. Pizza at the SouthShore Pizza place. Nudder Campfire.

Sunday, the whole lot of us rode north to Crescent, Oregon, then rode the Cascade Lakes Hiway to Cultus Lake, and Elk Lake. Then Mt Bachelor, and Sun River. Lunch in SunRiver. Pete and Bob King split to the north, while Marco, Bob, Pat, and I rode to the Newberry Caldera, Paulina Lake, and East lake. 256 miles in 8 hours, with many stops to smell the flowers.

Theres already talk of doing this again next year, maybe a week earlier-whatever the group wants to do. It would be nice to see it grow... I think we all had a wonderful time.

Soon I will post a link to a webpage that will have all the pics.

One side note... If you break a cluctch cable on the first night of your long anticipated weekend of riding withyour Wing Buddies, not to worry. Just ask Marco. Believe it or not, he carries one with him at all time. Can you believe that? Out of Marcos sense of compassion, he hooked me up with his spare, thereby spared me from having to bag the weekend due to mechanical distress. Check the pic below.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

One more pic for now.

Left to right,

ubarw (di ck) oregonwinger (Bob) axelwik (Marco), Retro48 (Dennis), and Pete.

What a wonderful time, with great guys.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Hey bob...

Its the forum. They apparently have filters. I am used to it, though. Ever since I was old enough to understand, there has always been people who snicker right after they say my name...

Its all good.

Later...

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

This forum has become a "must do" thanks to the many good people that frequent it.

Now, though, its complete, cuz Motorcycle Pete is here! For those who havent had the pleasure of meeting and riding with this guy, you are missing a treat. Nice guy, good sense of humor, awesome riding skills, great knowledge of all things cycle, and he doesnt even snore too loud, and to top it all off, he is wicked handsome!:goofygrin:

Thanks, to you, Pete, for joining us! And Welcome!

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.