Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
22,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm sure many of you noticed that Western's web site no longer offers on-line parts.

I just spoke with their parts department and they do not plan to re-start the service, due to the cost. They claim it was a financial drain.

Anyway, he told me that parts will be available over the phone, but couldn't say if they would be competitively priced.

Bummer!

·
Administrator
58,441 Posts
probably the CoronaVirus that effected them :)

my favorite online source is www.partzilla.com

but, CycleMax has the same warehouses to draw from.

I compare to see who is cheapest by the time it arrives at my house.

·
1,648 Posts
Noticed that they had stopped their online service about a month ago . I have bougth lots of parts from them but in the later years they didnt ship outside USA . I have used Partzilla many times and recommend them , - good prices , fast shipping (with a little luck a packet from them can reach my house in 5 or 6 days after ordering ).

·
Administrator
22,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I liked them because I didn't have to pay shipping. The parts would come in, they called and I went and picked them up. One, maybe two gallons of gas, max.

·
Administrator
58,441 Posts
I liked them because I didn't have to pay shipping. The parts would come in, they called and I went and picked them up. One, maybe two gallons of gas, max.
Dennis, you don't live all that far from Western Honda, why so much gas?
oh, it is that 'round the corner trip you take to Payson "on the way" to Scottsdale :D

·
Administrator
25,020 Posts
I bet you can still order parts from them, just not online.

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts

·
Administrator
22,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dennis, you don't live all that far from Western Honda, why so much gas?
oh, it is that 'round the corner trip you take to Payson "on the way" to Scottsdale :D
No trips to Payson, it's over 20 miles to Western and in the Valley's traffic, Bike is lucky to get 30 mpg.

I bet you can still order parts from them, just not online.
Yes, they can be ordered, but the guy I spoke to said they were trying to figure out if there was any way to be competitive. He didn't sound hopeful.

Odd, but he said that Amazon was their big competitor. People used Western's site to look up fit, part numbers, etc. then ordered from Amazon.

·
New Sidecar guy
88 Posts
Just got a box from Adept Powersports today. I tried Western Honda and between the AZ sales tax and the ride through Phoenix traffic I find it better to order online.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I liked them because I didn't have to pay shipping. The parts would come in, they called and I went and picked them up.
I use a local dealer the same way. Depending on how fast I need the parts??

In a hurry-Local dealer (gets them in 2-3 days)
Not in a hurry - I order online (And shop for who has the best price of the day delivered?)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts