Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a '21 Gold Wing DCT Air Bag. I won't get it until the week of the 19th due to next week's vacation. I now have an '03 Wing, bought used, with plenty of accessories, mostly bling. In my opinion, bling is a PITA to clean; rags and sponges get caught on it, extra time to clean, wax, etc. (But then, I'm older and more cranky!) The question: What accessories and/or options would you not want to ride without? My first thought is highway pegs and I'm having them installed before delivery. Thanks for your input!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,874 Posts
Well, the first thing I added to my 2002 was a Garmin 2797 GPS.
Even if it had a NAVI, I would ignore it, as it is useless.
Programming methods was written by a 5 year old just learning Tic-Tac-Toe

2- Utopia Back Rest
3-Mick-O-Pegs
4- a big sloppy Rain Suit, Frogg Toggs is what I bought
5- MADSTAD windscreen
6- Full Size quality made bike cover, mine is a Beverly Bay purchased in 2006 and it is still great...

more probably but that is the major stuff I have to have..

you probably don't need a Phase Change cooling vest, but I can't survive without one.

·
Administrator
27,104 Posts
MicOpegs and a car tire on the rear.

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Depends on what kind of rider are you.
Fair weather , riding like no more than 2 hrs from your house? Plain goldwing will do.
For 2 up , you need communication system. For under 55F you need heating equipment and cooling vest from lower 90F and up.
Decent radio that you can hear in you ear set system.
Additional tail LED lights that blinks brightly upon engaging the brakes.
For trips longer than 3 days you need extra storage as luggage rack or/and hitch rack.
Drink holder for both passengers
And yes for longer trips you need highway pegs

·
Registered
47 Posts
First off, congrats on your new ride. Like you I am about to purchase a 2021 model although it will be a GL1800B DCT. I'm sure by now that you have read about all of the features built in to the 2021 Wings so you know that it has a number things mentioned above that are already built into the bike. I ride solo so my needs are slightly different than most and also the reason that I'm passing on the rear trunk. I find that the saddlebags and my luggage case give me all of the storage that I require and have traveled that way for literally months.
My add on items for the bike would be;
Rider back rest, highway pegs, drink holder and possibly upper/lower wind deflectors for extra comfort on the highway.
Saddlebag and trunk liners as it is nice to be able to grab and go when stopping for the night. Nothing worse than having to transfer stuff when you stop.
For added safety, the LED brake light.
As for your personal items, as an experienced rider I'm sure that you have that figured out. I would include a Bluetooth helmet (s) to access the electronics and audio as well as a good communications system if you are two up.
Hope that you enjoy your awesome new ride.

·
Premium Member
1,599 Posts
back rest and highway pegs are a must for me. Everything else is just bling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a '21 Gold Wing DCT Air Bag. I won't get it until the week of the 19th due to next week's vacation. I now have an '03 Wing, bought used, with plenty of accessories, mostly bling. In my opinion, bling is a PITA to clean; rags and sponges get caught on it, extra time to clean, wax, etc. (But then, I'm older and more cranky!) The question: What accessories and/or options would you not want to ride without? My first thought is highway pegs and I'm having them installed before delivery. Thanks for your input!
I just purchased a 2021 Goldwing Tour, looking to buy floorboards and highway pegs. Can't seem to find any. Where can I find these parts. My first Goldwing. Thanks

·
Premium Member
44,259 Posts
I've been hit twice so a motorcycle specific "Dash Cam" that records front and rear for just in case the inevitable happens. Will add no bling or rider comfort, but with today's distracted drivers it just may save you time and money fighting a court case to prove you were in the right. Also have them in my cars.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,874 Posts
Dash Cams are a Necessity today.
I have two of them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts