Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still trying to sell my GL1500 and must be asking too much ($6000) for the local market...I don't mind reducing the price, I just hate to give it away...if it doesn't sell by years end , I intend to trade it...heres the CL ad...thanks for any help..

1997 GL1500 Aspencade ,37k...Candy Red Spectra,Great mechanical condition, few cosmetic issues..am/fm cassette...cruise. Highway boards..drivers backrest..baker air wings rider,driver drink holders..tall slipstream shield...new battery,new tires..everything works..needs nothing but a rider..$6000..

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
price looks reasonable, maybe try either ebay or placing more ads around your area on other craigslist pages in other cities...good luck....

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
price looks reasonable, maybe try either ebay or placing more ads around your area on other craigslist pages in other cities...good luck....

Well I like the bike, but want to get down to just 1 ride and that will be the F6B...the few that have looked at it seem to think 5K is a fair price...and that's almost trade in value...:?...thanks for the reply..

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
That seems like a great deal to me. Good looking bike too. Is that 37K miles, or 137K? Just hang in there, I'm sure someone will come along. It's still early in the season.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
I bought my bike from a friend of a friend. You may want to post it up for sale on cycle trader and post up notes with your number at the local biker hangouts. The friend who told me about my wing owns a biker bar.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that seems like a great deal to me. Good looking bike too. Is that 37k miles, or 137k? Just hang in there, i'm sure someone will come along. It's still early in the season.
37,000 ........

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
thats a great price, i paid 6500 for my 95 with 72000 miles

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
sOUNDS LIKE YOUR DOING FINE BRO KEEP UP THE WAIT YOUR BUYER IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Phil,

I searched CL Memphis and cannot find your listing, there are several GW's listed similar year w/more miles and higher price. If I can't find your listing, could be the reason no ones beating in your door?
Dave :)

Now I see the CL listing: http://memphis.craigslist.org/mcy/3850529662.html This seems like a great price for that year and mileage.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
How many cities or areas on CL did you list on? If you just list in your area you'll get a lot less response.

·
Administrator
27,888 Posts
Phil,

I searched CL Memphis and cannot find your listing, there are several GW's listed similar year w/more miles and higher price. If I can't find your listing, could be the reason no ones beating in your door?

I once posted a craigslist add that could not be found without a very specific search. Had to delete it and relist then got calls.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,612 Posts
when you post CL ads, you have to make sure every word group you can think of will be in the text of the ad.

To reduce the requirement for the search terms being so narrow,
you need to drop down to the bottom of the ad and place this paragraph:

Search terms: GL1500, GL 1500, Goldwing, Gold wing, GL1500SE, GL1500 SE, touring, motorcycle,

Plus you need to repost the ad everyday. and make sure you post it in the correct group of ads. Too many people just click on Motorcycles and run down one page and quit. If your ad has fallen off the first page they won't see it.

Title: people use the "Search by Title" feature a lot to reduce clutter.
Make sure the title looks something like this:
Goldwing GL1500, Goldwing GL 1500, touring motorcycle bike

These two things are very important to get readers, especially reposting everyday.
I also post in other metro cities at about the 300 mile radius

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Phil,

I pulled the ad, just prior to posting my question to edit and consider lowering the price and to take up to date pix....intend to relist today....also someone mentioned cycle trader I had forgotten all about it..thanks for the replies..

·
Honda Guru
2,075 Posts
I'd suggest adding an 'OBO' at the end to show that your negotiable with the price. Could bring is more interest.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Paid $7500 for a '97 SE last November. It was similar with almost new tires and battery. 38K miles. Almost flawless from a dealer in Florida. More pictures, with closeups and more details of features would probably help. Couldn't even make the shots you posted large enough to see the bike really well.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
Plus you need to repost the ad everyday.
The advice above is against Craigslist rules. From their FAQ, "
How often can I post?
You may post to one category and in one city, no more than once every 48 hours.
If you try to post something similar to an active post of yours on the site, you may get a blocked message. Removing the similar active post should help, unless it is less than 48 hours old." And from their terms of use, "A user may post the same or substantially similar content no more than once every 48 hours."

Unless the cosmetic issues are significant, you should probably remove that from your ad. People usually don't expect it to be in pristine condition and putting terms like "few cosmetic issues" in your ad often indicates that there are significant cosmetic problems.

John

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
I would pay $6000 for it. But I'm looking for a 1500, and afraid to buy one locally that I don't know anything about. Here an early '90s model with twice the mileage goes for $6500. I would probably get rid of the "cosmetic flaws", many people will see that and automatically assume the bike has been dropped. Four or five full page pictures might also help, along with a longer more detailed description. Craigslist can be a real PITA, but I will not deal with eBay or Cycle Trader. Even if you do sell it that way, you lose a big chunk of what you got for it in fees.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Several have suggested more detail, how much more can I put in the ad....Ive been too busy riding it, to take pix or attend to the ad.....this is an outstanding bike and I really hate to let it go, but want to move up to 1800....thanks for the replies

http://memphis.craigslist.org/mcy/3850529662.html

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.