Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

what make anti freeze is ok to use in my 1982 gl1100 as at a loss which would be best so as not to damage the water pump:snowman::snowman::snowman::baffled::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

would motorex pre mixed be ok as i already have some but don,t know if it,s ok or not to put in there :stumped:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

If the motorex has silicates then you can't use it. Silicates will ruin the water pump in a few months.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

BenMC wrote:
If the motorex has silicates then you can't use it. Silicates will ruin the water pump in a few months.
ive emailed the company,s uk office and they have emailed there office in switerland as yet no reply back of them :stumped:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey welsh hunter, Your very welcome to the forum, Type 2 coolant is the way to go, :clapper:and can be bought at any Honda Motor Garage :grinner: and they might even do the job for you. :jumper:

:santawaving: :18red: :santawaving:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

cheers i will print it off asap:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:just what i have been looking for man cheers dode bomshanka.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Prestone is good. You can also try these;

Fleetguard ESXtreme
Texaco Extended Life
SynLube™ Synthetic Coolant/Anti-Freeze
Maxima Coolinol
Spectro Coolant

Don't ask me where to buy any of them as I don't know. I had to have the Texaco stuff ordered specially. I worked in a radiator recon shop for years so I pick up info about the subject. Dex-Cool isn't my favourite, there is lots of talk in racing circles about gel seperation, foamingand other problems. I wouldn't be inclined to use coolant that I had just laying on a shelf. Cheaper and easier to get the right stuff than doing it the cheapskate way and later on having to replaceyour water pump.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

03Silver wrote:
Redwing, is the Type 2 coolantgreen or blue?
Hey 03Silver, The Type 2 coolant that I saw was lovely Irish Green. :clapper:Very patriotic :grinner:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

and is the same colour for wales to :dude::dude::dude:thanks lads i had more help from this site than the official honda gold wing site gb in the last 48 hours than three weeks there site being mucked about with stupid reply,s.:15red::santahat:have a nice xmas lads cheers.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

welsh hunter wrote:
thanks lads i had more help from this site than the official honda gold wing site gb in the last 48 hours than three weeks there site being mucked about with stupid reply,s.:15red::santahat:have a nice xmas lads cheers.
Happy Christmas to you as well. Don't forget to visit again and bring some Welsh friends too. :waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

welsh hunter wrote:
thanks lads i had more help from this site in the last 48 hrs than the official honda gold wing site gb inthe last three weeks, being mucked about with stupid reply,s.:15red::santahat:have a nice xmas lads cheers.
You aremore than welcome welsh hunter, :clapper:There are members using this forum who could show Honda how to build a goldwing.:jumper:All the "Guru's" on this board are on huge retainers from the wingnut who is the sponser of this site. :leprechaun:Merry xmas to you. :santahat:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Hey Redwing, you were spot on about the Type II stuff. Rathdown Motors in Dublin have it in gallon tubs. I read the favourable articles about the Type II before but didn't realize it was so close to hand. Thanks.:clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Hey Redwing, you were spot on about the Type II stuff. Rathdown Motors in Dublin have it in gallon tubs. I read the favourable articles about the Type II before but didn't realize it was so close to hand. Thanks.:clapper:
Hey FitzAl, :waving:Us old fellows outon the Islands dont miss a thing when it comes to saving a few Euro. :clapper: Im glad i was able to help someone for a change. :jumper:Maybe I mite get promoted to "Guru" for this. :grinner:If you could speak to the wingnut for me it mite help. :crying:Merry xmas to you and your family. :santahat:

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

That was an eye-opener about the Type 2 beiong available in our own backyard Redwing. Nice work, definitely guru status in my view at least!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Jason wrote:
That was an eye-opener about the Type 2 being available in our own backyard Redwing. Nice work, definitely guru status in my view at least!
Hey Jason, My helmet wont fit me in the morning :crying:if you "Guru's" dont stop swelling my head. :grinner: Hurragh ! ! ! The "Top Guru" has reccomended me for promotion. :goofygrin:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.