Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
58,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ginger Hickey
Visual Storyteller · December 10 at 9:27 AM

Sometimes you run across a photo opp without realizing just how special the subject is you are photographing until the action begins. In this case it was a herd of longhorn cattle contained in a large fenced pasture next to the country road in south central Oklahoma

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Home (now since '59)
Mr's Rowes (Staunton)
Burk's Garden
The Colleen Drive In
The Blue Ridge Parkway
Doumar's Drive In
Foot of the Mountain
The Skyline Drive
Natural Bridge (State Park)
The Virginia Diner
Goshen Pass
The Southern Kitchen (New Market)
Wright's Drive In
The Factory @ Verona
Momma Mia's (Shenandoah)
Luray Caverns
The Pink Cadillac
Shooting Creek
The Texas Tavern (Lynchburg)
Rancho Viejo (Luray)
Sam Houston Wayside (Timber Ridge off I-81 @ E-195)
Austinville (Stephen F. Austin's hometown)
Lexington

Texas …. I easily could be here for hours … so I'll make it short.

Home (1954-1959)
Ft Davis
Alamo Village (closed now)
Laughlin AFB
No Trees
Langtry
Pecos High Bridge
Ft Stockton
Kent
The Alamo
River Walk
Rt 66
Lackland AFB (birth place)
San Jacinto (all of it)
Palo Duro Canyon
Lubbock
Shamrock
Del Rio (was home)
Texas Rangers Museum (Waco)
Hondo (the sign)
Adobe Walls
Big Bend Country
Eagle Pass
Wild Rose Pass

There is much more, but I'll stop here.

·
Administrator
58,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Texas Rangers Museum (Waco)

Oh my!!! and we spent 3 whole days in Waco a couple years ago, had our RV parked in a very nice little RV park.... and we missed that? we didn't look good enough.
Your Texas locations,
San Antonio: the USAF introduced us all to how to properly smack a boot on the ground :)
Palo Duro Canyon, we lived in Dumas and Stinnett, Texas area for 10 years, visited there several times, loved it.

Lubbock: on a different job, we lived in Denver City, TX and went up to Lubbock to do our shopping.
and lots more, we were in those areas for over 15 years...

·
Administrator
24,793 Posts
There is me, and probably some other stuff, but there is me. :unsure:

·
Registered
612 Posts
64 in Denver Today, forecast for 66 Tomorrow. Winter Solstice?

·
Administrator
21,981 Posts
Here's a list of National Park Service sites. I have visited most of these places and they're certainly worth a look-see. The list doesn't include places like Tombstone, Meteor Crater, Four Corners and Monument Valley.

The down side to Arizona is it can be brutally hot during everybody else's riding season.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
I love New Mexico & Arizona both, even almost as much as Texas and Virginia. Last time out there, told wife if I moved again, I knew the area I'd move to.

·
Registered
612 Posts
About 12 yrs ago it hit 75 degrees or so on Christmas day, very unusual for Denver, AVG High = 41 degrees. Had to get the 'Wing out. Stayed warm a long time that day, we spent over an hour well after dark idling around the city side streets, we went cross town and back on nothing but side streets checking out the Christmas light displays in the neighborhoods, quite comfortable in just a light jacket. Very enjoyable Christmas ride! :)

·
Just one of the guys
4,782 Posts
There are so many interesting tings to see there is no way to list them all. Niagara Falls, Watkins Glen, Corning Glass Museum and Glass Center, Baseball Hall of Fame, The Thousand Islands, Lake Placid, The Adirondack Mountains, the Catskills, NY City with all of the things there, Long Island with,The Hudson River valley with many historical sites including West Point, The Finger Lakes wine country.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
There are so many interesting tings to see there is no way to list them all. Niagara Falls, Watkins Glen, Corning Glass Museum and Glass Center, Baseball Hall of Fame, The Thousand Islands, Lake Placid, The Adirondack Mountains, the Catskills, NY City with all of the things there, Long Island with,The Hudson River valley with many historical sites including West Point, The Finger Lakes wine country.
But is Brook's Bar B Que still there at Oneonta ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts