·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
i would like to know that myself

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
They look like foot wings.

These would fit at the rear bottom of the cowl and engage the engine-case crashbars.

Intent is to reduce the airflow across the rider's foot -- nice in rain, but they can pop-off in tight turns.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They look like foot wings.

These would fit at the rear bottom of the cowl and engage the engine-case crashbars.

Intent is to reduce the airflow across the rider's foot -- nice in rain, but they can pop-off in tight turns.
Would you happen to be able to take a picture of how these things fit on?
I had the crash bars off for welding and cleaning and I also repainted the lower metal heat shields. Don't know if these go on before or after those things.

All I started off to do was to change the front speakers, but then decided to replace the belts, spark plugs, oil & filter. The shields were rusty and one of the bars had broken and had also ripped the mounting tab off the frame. Then I took off the lower rear boxes to replace the brakes, change the final drive oil and clean the rear wheel.

Then, I ordered another 800.00 give or take worth of chrome and LED accessories, including the rear speaker kit. The fader is a joke so I wired in an on/off switch for the back speakers and it sounds really good now. The fader didn't work right AND it sounded terrible.

So....I got parts laying everywhere and these 2 plastic 'shields' that I remember removing but from where? I dunno.

I also ordered a one piece rear LED tail light with sequential turn signals built in for my 1981 LTD 550 and I ordered an extra one to mount on the Wing. Will have to see where it fits best when it gets here.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel like such an IDIOT!!!

My screensaver changes pics every 30 minutes and this morning a side view of my bike came up and THERE IT IS!! The 'foot wing' installed on my bike. :doh:

Not that anybody will be looking for me, but I'll be sitting in the 'Dunce' corner now.

:hardhat:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Not that anybody will be looking for me, but I'll be sitting in the 'Dunce' corner now.

:hardhat:
Don't feel to bad......

Most days you'll have a lot of company in that corner......... Your not alone.....:sadguy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.