Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

We're thinking about designing a line of combination audio and power harnesses for music devices to connect to the 1800 aux audio and electrical system. I would be eternally greatful if you would PM me with the make and model device you have and/or want. I have the GPS and radar units in hand, I am more interested in make and model MP3 and portable CD players.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Jon :waving:and welcome to the best goldwing site on the net ,,I use a mp3 player its a sony NW-E75 ,it holds around 10 hrs of music and is only the size of a small cigarette lighter ,,only problem is trying to find different tracks when I have my driving gloves on ,,the controls are small ,,but a super sound and so small ,,the way to go ..cheers Ciaran ..:waving:.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey jjambor :waving: Your very welcome to the forum and please visit often. :clapper: I use my neighbours :18red:and he has the Apple ipod which has 40gb and is capable of storing up to 5000 singles. :jumper: He tells me that he bought this in the states recently for $400 :weightlifter: and the only single he has down loaded is The Fields of Athenry sang by Paddy Reilly.:crying:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

man this is a hoppin' board. the other "official" board is kinda sleepy...

anyway, glad to be here. i'm hoping to crate my 1800 over there this summer, tour... do the treffen...then sell the beast to someone there. mines an 02 orange with 18k miles. good condition, but used nonetheless.

if i pop over to your island, where should i visit?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
43 Posts
imported post

I'm going to post a question in General Discussion about what to do and see in Ireland. Maybe some of us North American heathens will eventually make it over there and I would love to getideas from you guys.
 

·
The Irish Crew
Joined
·
3,932 Posts
imported post

Hello Jon, are you doing the Irish or British treffen or both? If you are doing the British one ther's usually loadsof Irish there as well. I'll be there for the first time myself. You could possibly make the trip more worthwhile if you bring some stuff to sell because the UK treffen is where all the vendors show up to sell their products.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I wasn't planning on the Irish treffen... til now.
sell stuff? sounds like work to me... i want to have fun!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
626 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Jon. You'll find that it's a friendly place and made up of people from both sides of the pond.
It's great that you get us involved in your projects before you start making the products. It's a real shame that other accessory makers don't follow your example. :waving:
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

jjambor wrote:
man this is a hoppin' board. the other "official" board is kinda sleepy...

anyway, glad to be here. i'm hoping to crate my 1800 over there this summer, tour... do the treffen...then sell the beast to someone there. mines an 02 orange with 18k miles. good condition, but used nonetheless.

if i pop over to your island, where should i visit?
Hey jjambor :waving: My advice would be to crate the :18yellow:for Ireland and visit the Irish Treffen first, :weightlifter:which is being held in Bandon Co.Cork from Thursday the 25thAug '05 to Sunday 28thAug '05 both dates inclusive. :clapper: Then visit the English Treffen :jumper:the following w/e from Thur the 1st Sept.'05 to Sunday 4th Sept.'05 both dates inclusive. :skipping:Sailings to England are at regular times every day and are quite close to the Treffen site. :coollep:Then when you have that all done you can sell your :18yellow:at the English Treffen to whatever buyer comes near your bucks. :grinner:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

XCLR8N wrote:
I'm going to post a question in General Discussion about what to do and see in Ireland. Maybe some of us North American heathens will eventually make it over there and I would love to getideas from you guys.
Hey XCLR8N :waving:Lots of places to visit in Ireland. Plane loads of tourist from your country come here every year to visit :jumper:and some of them even try to drive on the wrong side of the road. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
jjambor wrote:
man this is a hoppin' board. the other "official" board is kinda sleepy...

anyway, glad to be here. i'm hoping to crate my 1800 over there this summer, tour... do the treffen...then sell the beast to someone there. mines an 02 orange with 18k miles. good condition, but used nonetheless.

if i pop over to your island, where should i visit?
Hey jjambor :waving: My advice would be to crate the :18yellow:for Ireland and visit the Irish Treffen first, :weightlifter:which is being held in Bandon Co.Cork from Thursday the 25thAug '05 to Sunday 28thAug '05 both dates inclusive. :clapper: Then visit the English Treffen :jumper:the following w/e from Thur the 1st Sept.'05 to Sunday 4th Sept.'05 both dates inclusive. :skipping:Sailings to England are at regular times every day and are quite close to the Treffen site. :coollep:Then when you have that all done you can sell your :18yellow:at the English Treffen to whatever buyer comes near your bucks. :grinner:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

Hey REDWING ,,the English treffen is on the weekend BEFORE the irish treffen this year ,,,They decided to switch them ,,It will mean that our treffen is on the English bank holiday weekend ,so we should get a lot of visitors this year ,,Cheers Ciaran
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
612 Posts
imported post

Hey Jon if time permits and you go to the Irish treffen first, you would be able to hook up with some of the Irish lads and go over to the British one with them. Loads of them go over on the boats every year to buy shiny pieces for their Goldwings at prices usualy double what they would get them for from the USA. It's like a pilgrimage thing, the Wing owners have to cross the Irish sea and endure sometimes bad weather, greasy motorway food and petrol at exhorbitant prices and then they finally get mugged by the dealers at the UKtreffen. What a great bunch for endurance! :clapper:
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Hey REDWING ,,the English treffen is on the weekend BEFORE the irish treffen this year ,,,They decided to switch them ,,It will mean that our treffen is on the English bank holiday weekend ,so we should get a lot of visitors this year ,,Cheers Ciaran
Hey jjambor :waving: Now you see what they think of me on this forum. :crying:Im always leading the members astray. :whip: So just switch the arrangements and crate your :18yellow:for England and visit the English Treffen and then sail for good old Ireland for the Irish Treffen the following w/end. :weightlifter:Sorry for misleading you :crying:but i live far out on the Islands and always get the news very late.

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
imported post

Eamonn1200 wrote:
Hey Jon if time permits and you go to the Irish treffen first, you would be able to hook up with some of the Irish lads and go over to the British one with them. Loads of them go over on the boats every year to buy shiny pieces for their Goldwings at prices usualy double what they would get them for from the USA. It's like a pilgrimage thing, the Wing owners have to cross the Irish sea and endure sometimes bad weather, greasy motorway food and petrol at exhorbitant prices and then they finally get mugged by the dealers at the UKtreffen. What a great bunch for endurance!
Hey Eamonn1200 :waving: Whats the name of those tablets your taking. :crying:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:
 

·
Older and Wiser
Joined
·
1,734 Posts
imported post

Wait til you sample the gas prices in the UK Jon. I hired a car over there last year and I just couldn't believe it. Around $9 a gallon on the freeways, and they pump it out of their own backyard in the North Sea! :(
It's cheaper in the south of Ireland, I think about $6 a gallon. I don't know how they manage this as I think the Irish supplies are sold to them by the British companies anyway. :?
Anyway I hope you enjoy your trip.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Eamonn1200 wrote:
Hey Jon if time permits and you go to the Irish treffen first, you would be able to hook up with some of the Irish lads and go over to the British one with them. Loads of them go over on the boats every year to buy shiny pieces for their Goldwings at prices usualy double what they would get them for from the USA. It's like a pilgrimage thing, the Wing owners have to cross the Irish sea and endure sometimes bad weather, greasy motorway food and petrol at exhorbitant prices and then they finally get mugged by the dealers at the UKtreffen. What a great bunch for endurance!
Hey Eamonn1200 :waving: Whats the name of those tablets your taking. :crying:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:
Hi Eamonn ,I think you will find this year it will be a different story ,as we are now bringing the shiney bits in direct from the states at around half the price ,,I dont know many wingers in the GWOCI who buy from the UK anymore ,,,

We have been ripped off for long enough from the dealers in the UK and now most guys here would not buy a bulb from any of them ,,cheers Ciaran:waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
264 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Jon. Like the lads said, after being used to the cheap fuel prices in the USA, you'd better proepare for a shock in the UK! :p
 

·
Senior Guru
Joined
·
3,589 Posts
imported post

Hello Jon, and best wishes from Maidstone in Kent, UK. I just joined this forum today so sorry about the late PM. It's a long time since I looked at Steves site and it just gets better all the time. This forum has certainly taken off like a rocket and I don't know how the guy manages to keep it going without advertising, but I'm glad he does!
Anyway, I have an IPOD (the old large one) on my 01 gl1800 but am considering one of the new Sonys with the colour screen (forget the model number).
I read that you will be at the UK treffen in August. I'll keep an eye out for you there.
Ride safe,
Norman Wiley.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top