Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My dad's blinkers quit working on his 83' Interstate 1100. When you turn on the switch, the marker light comes on, but doesn't blink.

So we believe it's the relay. The question I have is, what relays will interchange?

His has three wires coming out of it, I see some that have a push in connector. Will these interchange if wired correctly.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
imported post

Had the same problem with my83 GL1100 Aspencade. Replaced the flasherwith one from NAPA. It has the 3 posts coming out of it, and works perfectly.

Had to take the 3 female ends out of that stock plastic housing (you can push a small nail into the front side to depress the snap and pull the wire out the back side).

I can't recall the model number of the flasher, but I'll see if I can find it. It was the only 3 post one there though, and was only $14 !!!

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
imported post

Here we go -- Tridon Stant EP 28

Also, if you search EP 28 on the site'sforum search, you can see other posts (like ones mentioning this flasher should work for LED lights too).

Cheers

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

You don't have to use a 3 pin flasher. A 2 pin works just as well, just leave off the green wire. Get the electronic one, it's less than $10.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
You don't have to use a 3 pin flasher. A 2 pin works just as well, just leave off the green wire. Get the electronic one, it's less than $10.
i`ll second that . thats what i have done on mine .

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a 2 pin has worked then. Here's the site where I found the original info when changing mine out: linkIt has a photo as well.

Whatever you go with, I'd recommend pushing those connecters out of the plastic housing and taking a look before going shopping. They might be smaller than you think, and a lot of flashers have bigger pins/posts than the OEM connectors.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for the fast information guys,,, I can always count on you guys helping out.
Thanks, Joey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.