Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
If I read this right you are going to respray the panniers and topbox?

Look first at threads in this forum on repaintiing accessories on these bikes. On the whole I understand that a diy job is not the best finish.

I have had mine totally resprayed and the cost was about 350 pounds. That was for front and rear guards tank sections and side covers.

Most mess ups with spraying with candy coats are incorrect stripping and the wrong undercoats being used. Fiberglass has very unusual properties when paint stripping is used and this cheminal reaction affects the undercoat and the candy coat as it goes on. The usual affect is bubbling of paint.

On the whole the candy coat this bike had is a system called two pac. This is very toxic and I tried very hard to find a paint shop that would do this.

Mine is a canadian import by a Honda dealer as are most of this year as this model was very scarce in the UK. The luggage and fairings were aftermarket and the dealer put the bike together as you see it. Mine has an original reciept which showed pretty much every accessory as an extra.

In essence be very careful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.