Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It would be nice to know what country all the forum members are from. Anyone that hasn't done so will you pleaseupdate your profilesoon. Its not like anyone is looking for your family secrets, just letting the rest of us know what country you live in. It helps when people are looking for info on where to buy parts and so on. No point in an Englishman giving the address of a parts supplier in the UK if the member asking is from Timbuctoo. :p

I'm about to update my profile now.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

You are right Martin ,,I have lost count the number of times I have had to ask people where they are from ,,They seem to forget that this is an irish site ,based in Ireland and we get people from every part of the world ,,,And you never know that part you were looking for might be in a garage or backyard right under your nose ,,but you will never know unless ALL members put in the country they are in ...SO LISTEN UP ALL ,UPDATE YOUR PROFILES NOW.,:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:,,have a nice day ...Ciaran

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
You are right Martin ,,I have lost count the number of times I have had to ask people where they are from ,,They seem to forget that this is an irish site ,based in Ireland and we get people from every part of the world ,,,And you never know that part you were looking for might be in a garage or backyard right under your nose ,,but you will never know unless ALL members put in the country they are in ...SO LISTEN UP ALL ,UPDATE YOUR PROFILES NOW.,:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:,,have a nice day ...Ciaran
You said it, I'm surprised REDWING hasn't chimed in on this, it's his favorite rant!:jumper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
You said it, I'm surprised REDWING hasn't chimed in on this, it's his favorite rant!
Yeah im sick sore and tired preaching this storey since last July '04 :whip:but no one takes any heed of my orders. :crying: Now just because Budegan wants it done everybody has to jump. :jumper: So :jumper:JUMP :jumper:you ungrateful lot and update your profile NOW. :whip:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
You said it, I'm surprised REDWING hasn't chimed in on this, it's his favorite rant!
Yeah im sick sore and tired preaching this storey since last July '04 :whip:but no one takes any heed of my orders. :crying: Now just because Budegan wants it done everybody has to jump. :jumper: So :jumper:JUMP :jumper:you ungrateful lot and update your profile NOW. :whip:
Hey REDWING, just so you know I haven't forgotten this is an Irish site, and me having only one great granfather from the ould sod, I've changed my profile to show my countyto honorthe Irish style.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Hey REDWING, just so you know I haven't forgotten this is an Irish site, and me having only one great granfather from the ould sod, I've changed my profile to show my countyto honorthe Irish style.
Hurragh for exavid :clapper: Thats what i like to see, a man who leads from the front. :weightlifter: Now each time that you see that a member has not indicated his location on his profile, I want you to shout at him or her. :whip:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

geeeeeze... and I thought that sayng Oklahoma said it all (LOL)

updated mine and as we pronounce it here the emphasis is on a long U as in U-nited states of America

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
geeeeeze... and I thought that sayng Oklahoma said it all (LOL)

updated mine and as we pronounce it here the emphasis is on a long U as in U-nited states of America
During several stays at the FAA academy in OKC I noticed the word you is pronounced yew. Took me a little while to getting used to "cain ah hep yew" when I went to a store. Nice folks but they do talk funny! My wife is from Dallas and it took years to teach her English but by George I believe she's got it!

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
My wife is from Dallas and it took years to teach her English but by George I believe she's got it!
Hey exavid :waving: Thats the same town that JR and Bobby Ewing are from. :whip:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

<-- Is that specific enough?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
exavid wrote:
My wife is from Dallas and it took years to teach her English but by George I believe she's got it!
Hey exavid :waving: Thats the same town that JR and Bobby Ewing are from. :whip:
Don't believe we've met those folks! (Don't watch much TV(

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Don't believe we've met those folks! (Don't watch much TV(
You didn't miss anything. :whip:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving:Welcome to the forum gstutz!:waving::waving:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

It's a good idea as there is an interactive map of the USA. Will the map be updated to include the rest of the world any time soon?

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

BenMC wrote:
It's a good idea as there is an interactive map of the USA. Will the map be updated to include the rest of the world any time soon?
According to the WOW site that supplies this forum software, version 1.7 will have a world map. Doesn't say whan 1.7 will arrive.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey gstutz :waving: Welcome to the best forum on the net. :clapper:

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.