Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

3621 - 3640 of 5521 Posts

·
Unofficial Youtube Addict
2,603 Posts
Installed an XGrip and played with taking some riding video. Was pretty cool and was working good. Its funny but my helmet mic was picking up my engine and stereo great but didnt pick up my voice very good. Rode to a local dam to check it out. Found some awesome roads with loads of riders. The dam and park were disappointing.

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
I rode mine Over the creek through the dirt and gravel to the road. Waited for a farm truck to pass and got on the road.

Shifting from first to second at 4 grand and to third at 5 grand in anticipation of the 60 degree turn ahead. I simultaneously press the right bar firmly and open the throttle all the way pinning me and my bride to the seats. Exiting the corner at near 65 mph with the front tire as light as a feather.

I then shifted to 4th and slowed to the speed limit with a big smile. Thanking God for the small things in life.

I only had one guy try to run me over just before my fuel light came on.
34.42 miles per gal on that tank adding 4.532 gallons.

Life is good.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Went for a ride. Cleaned it up a bit.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I rode mine Over the creek through the dirt and gravel to the road. Waited for a farm truck to pass and got on the road.

Shifting from first to second at 4 grand and to third at 5 grand in anticipation of the 60 degree turn ahead. I simultaneously press the right bar firmly and open the throttle all the way pinning me and my bride to the seats. Exiting the corner at near 65 mph with the front tire as light as a feather.

I then shifted to 4th and slowed to the speed limit with a big smile. Thanking God for the small things in life.

I only had one guy try to run me over just before my fuel light came on.
34.42 miles per gal on that tank adding 4.532 gallons.

Life is good.
Well written................now get out there and find the next mark for the Photo Scavenger Hunt!

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Will be riding one of the Goldwings today, supposed to be a nice warm sunny day in Alaska, but on a non Goldwing note i am trading off my 95 Virago 750 to a fella for a supposedly pristine 86 Yamaha Venture Royale today, he wants a smaller work commuter bike for in Anchorage, the Virago is worth more than the Venture so its a trade plus some of his cash. I love riding my other 89 Venture Royale, it was built to compete with the Gl1200 and to many at the time was considered a better bike, but with Goldwings rolling off the assembly line like Model T cars and being built in the USA and so the Ventures never really caught on.

The introduction of the Gl1500 finally killed of the competition, you can get a more cruiser looking variant of the old Ventures but nothing like the 1st or 2nd generation Ventures of the mid 80'S. I really like the when it works front and rear auto adjusting air suspension, plus the anti five front actuators.

Of my hop on and go riding bikes the 93 and 95 Goldwings get more miles, then its the Venture Royale followed by the 85 Vmax. Riding the Goldwing is like having a courtesan woman, the Venture is like a tomboy, riding the Vmax is like a an epileptic call girl.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Since the warmer weather is now here I dont have to keep the Wing in the garage, I can keep her outside under the deck.So I bought her a new cover to keep the dirt off and new grips for me. My hands were cramping up with the factory grips. They were so small of a diameter. I hope these new ones will work.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Have you tried them out yet? Myself i like the Iso grips with the throttle rocker. But i have xxl hands.

I just got back from riding 50 miles to deliver a 95 Virago and to then pick up an 86 Venture Royale, Virago had stock grips, my hands went numb, Venture had stock but thicker foam grips, no problemo.

Heading out for an evening ride on the 93 Tribute bike in a little bit, very warm at least by my standards day today, gonna make the most of it before summer ends in a few months.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Just about to start the rear wheel removal process and driveline servicing. Having an Austone Taxi tire put on the rear wheel, adding 3oz. of Dyna-Beads. Curious about how it rides. Hopefully, I'll find things, including the U-joint in good shape and just in need of cleaning and lubrication.:lash::praying:

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Just finished a rear tire change on my 2010....uuuggghhhh....... 10 of us got together and bought a tire changer and figured if I got one tire changed, it paid for my investment. My group involved in this all ride Harley Ultra's and we changed out 4 tires on Harley's and it went really well. At 30,000klm and the tire pretty much a slick, figured it was time to give mine a go, with the big concern being the TPMS sensor. So, how do you break the bead? The new tire changer didn't even come close to it. Using a floor jack and the trailer hitch on my truck we managed to get it broke. Damn near tore apart our new equipment getting the tire off and yes used losts of lube. Managed to get one side of the tire on and avoided the TPMS sensor just fine. Getting the other 1/2 on beat us up and I ended up going back to my dealer to finish it off for me. (My group gave me back my money on the tire changer) Jobe5 told me it was going to be a nightmare...well you were right fella!!!

Further research has shown us we need to get the plastic coated tire spoons to get the job done. Any tricks anyone has would be appreciated. The well in the rim is not very deep on these wings, so not much wiggle room to get the last 1/4 of the bead on the rim. I have a spare rim with a car tire on it that needs to be changed out, so thought I'd seek any tricks anyone has before we make our 2nd attempt on a wing rim.

·
Unofficial Youtube Addict
2,603 Posts
Checked tire pressures (its amazing how much they changed with ambient temps) and cleaned up the front end that was pretty bugged up from weekend riding. Did a wipe down with some quick detailer. Everything to get ready for a commute to work tomorrow. Found out the weather suddenly changed and tstorms are coming with high winds. Hoping these are the storms predicted for the weekend and they blow thru early. There is a demo ride coming to town and if weather permits I just might take friday off.

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
Checked tire pressures (its amazing how much they changed with ambient temps) and cleaned up the front end that was pretty bugged up from weekend riding
Indeed, since I installed the Tiregard TPMS, I found that, when starting the ride, display wakes up, showing front 36, rear 41, after an hour or so in warm weather, at highway speeds, the front goes to 40/41 and the rear up to 52-54.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Put a new bolt in the Mustang seat backrest so it can move farther forward.

Doing brake fluid and clutch flush this evening and switching everything over to SpeedBleeders
Well, the backrest was done and the brake fluid with speed bleeder change was done, but I did not get to my clutch fluid - so that is today's job. Along with it a good washing and detailing.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Rode the 93 to work today, that is the tribute bike built for Mollie who passed away last july. Just some small issues with the carbon fiber wrap pulling off, after being nearly totally destroyed several years ago and brought back to life by me this is one fine bike even if its just riding to work.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Dropped it off at the shop for new tires, front fork rebuild, troubleshoot cruise control problem, replacement of CB radio and antenna, and 12,000 mile service. Traveling for the next week so timing is perfect.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
fork oil and spring change

I decided to change the fork oil and springs today on my 1994 GL1500SE. All was going really well, wheel off and removed the left fork, took the fork cap off (carefully as I know what happens if you don't lol ) and realised that I had been given all the wrong size things. Wrong size springs, seals everything!!!! anyway decided that as it was all off I would clean everything up, change the oil and put everything back together. As I was saying it WAS going really well until I removed the right fork and started to take the fork cap off. My pressure slipped and the cap went off like a rocket. Spent 3 hours look for the thing before giving up as it went over my garden and next doors garden and disappeared!!!! What I did not know is that these are not easily replaced and am now waiting 4 weeks for another one to be shipped from JAPAN Argggghhhh.
Luckily my friend found one in his garage that fits. Not properly but it gets me back on the road till my new one arrives.
Well that's what I did today :crying2::crying2::crying2:

3621 - 3640 of 5521 Posts