Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

3661 - 3680 of 5550 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Yesterday, I spent most of the. day (taking my time) changing the brakes and making sure the slides are cleaned and lubed up. Bled the brakes and clutch making sure I had all new fluids. Also checked the differential fluid, that was good. Bought a pair of 194 LED bulbs to put in my position lights. Love the look. Picked them up @ Walmart for a decent price. Before I was all done I put mew chrome master/clutch cylinder caps on. That pretty much was my day. The first pic of the lights has the LED is in the left side (looking at bike) and the second has both LED bulbs. Also looking into some HID's for the headlights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Pulled both the 93 and the 95 out from the sheds, also the 86 and 89 Ventures, the 95 Goldwing has not ran in a long time, started right up but i fear its going to need some repair, too much coolant smell in the exhaust, i do have a pair of new head gaskets for it. Took the blue 89 Venture down the road to fill up tank, first time i have ridden it this year, found out my throttle cable at the carb on the 89 black Venture is about to break, just a few strands left.
Adjusted the handlebars of the blue/red 95 to match the 93 blue/gold Goldwing.

And took a bunch of pics, rain is coming soon, will try to get some riding tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
You need to get yourself some more motorcycles.
Seems like you're running low. :cooldevil:
Trust me, i have more...

Of the get on and go bikes not shown are the two Honda CX bikes, one Vmax and an 85 Goldwing, but its not really road safe, tires are rotten, runs good though. And there are a bunch others in the shed for other projects, like two more Ventures and several more Goldwings.
I have nearly enough to order up a conex 40 foot container and to have it delivered, then i can have a better place to work on the bikes. Eventually there will be two side by side but maybe 12 feet between, then i build a shop between them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
today I put some Harley mufflers on My GL1000. Bought them for $11.00 on ebay. I cut the cross over pipe in half and welded each halve to the mufflers to give me an end to match up with the head pipes. worked great

·
Just Winging It
3,325 Posts
You takin the Wing?

I saw a couple of my Grand kids today as they were passing through on their way to Ohio. Met them and their Dad a Denny's for breakfast.
Yes, we took the wing and had a great time. Took some real nice roads.

Stayed overnight then took the long way home.

Seen hundreds of bikes and bicycles. It's kind of fun to dodge the bicycles.

Reactions: jhngardner367

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Started cleaning the replacement battery box
While I'm doing that, I'll check the ground cables,etc. just to make sure everything is good.
This is the "freebie" a friend sent from Michigan !

001.JPG

002.JPG

·
Registered
782 Posts
While I'm doing that, I'll check the ground cables,etc. just to make sure everything is good.
Hey you didn't happen to get an extra rubber mount on the right side of the battery box did ya??

It holds the lighting box.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
No, Sorry.
Mine is junk,too .I'm trying to figure out how I can hold it up,with out too much vibration.
Worst part,is,these parts are no longer available !

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Peeling paint,and a bit of rust.
The original was in pieces,due to a thief that wanted my new battery.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I saw this 86 for sale on our local Craigslist, had it at $2400, i called this morning and the seller who is about 25 miles from me says a guy from Soldatna which is a LONG ways down south was coming up to buy it, i say Ok, i only had $1500 at the moment.
Seller calls back up a couple hours ago and says the buyer never showed up and wont answer phone, so i say i can bring cash and some silver i have but no promises.

I ask if its road ready, he says yes, but something tells me to bring the Silverado 6x6 instead of the Equinox, so i grab a couple of helpers and the trailer and drive on over to Sutton, turns out he just got it, never rode it, looks like it has not been ridden in years, forks leaking, rear air shock boot tattered, rust all over the chrome, paint faded, very old tires.

It did start, choke was broken, he just put a new starter in it, i started to check the pipes and one was stone cold.
My offer was $1500, they expected $2000 from the other guy, i brought 8 ounces of silver in American Eagles and bars to sweeten the deal, guy was about to go for it but wife says no, wants more, i wished them luck and said it could still deal if the other buyer fails to follow through.
Bike has potential, i have plenty of parts, actually i have an 81 with the exact same chrome and trim, plus i have a running 85 that looks like garbage but i can transfer all the good stuff over
I try to explain the possibility of valve damage and other issues, but they are not Goldwing riders, they got it cheap, threw a starter in it and are hoping for a buyer, i did not bite.

Maybe they will call back later in the week, i can make this into a real show stopper.

I sure wished they knew something about Goldwings.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Somebody in the past spent time and money on it, now its forlorn, unused, in need of attention, it cries to once again to be the Queen of the Highway. I hate seeing the old ones in shape like this, worse yet is sellers who think they are still worth much more just because of its former glory days.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
This is the "freebie" a friend sent from Michigan !

View attachment 176794

View attachment 176802
My 95 box looked like that, got another off Ebay, other than that it could be bead blasted and epoxy painted or a bedliner coating, as soon as you can go to the agm sealed battery you will never have that problem again.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I started cleaning it up,and it's not as bad as it looks,actually.
It should come out pretty well.
It just makes me angry that they CUT IT apart,to get the battery out ! 1 bolt,and 2 cables ,and it's out.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,311 Posts
had to go to town and find a breaker bar, a deep socket and extension..... now I need to change the rear tire on the 1800..... but, the sun was bright, the grass is 18-24 inches high, and the mower was begging to be exercised....

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I joke in the winter about mowing our snow, my yard is all rock, gravel and a tundra like moss.
Did you look under the seat of your truck yet?

3661 - 3680 of 5550 Posts