Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

3701 - 3720 of 5512 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Thank you, my friend.
I still have a lot to do,but I like taking my time. It's well worth it.
Once this,and the bags are done, I have to strip the fairing,and side covers,lowers,and fenders.
I like the results I'm getting,though.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Made 2 key buttons for gas cap and storage cubby. Prepping bike and trailer for West to East coast ride in a few weeks. Trying to figure out the proper Timken bearings for my HF trailer.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I really didn't feel like splitting the halves.
I have replacement seals,and the edges/undersides of the lids are already done.
The seals,actually won't hold the paint,anyway. They're so pliant it comes off easily.
This is only the first coat,so I can wet sand and re- shoot the final coat , tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Well, i have to strip the center section down,again !
Pressure regulator failed ,as I was putting on the final coat.
What a mess!
At least i got one side bag done,and since I still have a siphon gun,I will continue to work on it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My brakes were squealing real bad, so I went to Autozone and they sold me a tube of disc brake lube. I rubbed some on the pads and got the rotors real good but I had so much on my hands, I got it all over my tires. When I tried to wipe it off, I noticed how new they looked so I rubbed some all over the tires. Man you should see them babies shine. As soon as I finish this bottle of Jack, I'm takin' this baby for a ride.

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
It was yesterday actually, checked the oil level after the change, set tire pressure, filled gas tank, loaded side bags, attached the over the grill soft bag, took a bath after enjoying the "nice " weather ( 93F feeling like 98 due the high humidity ) just wake up, will load the top case, the soft bag and leave to Michoacán State for a much better weather!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Finally finished getting my GoPro mounted - cable length is still an issue, but it is usable now and applied frame paint to my scuffed metal that started to show rust.

Next up: Wash, wax and then I am done - I am going to get some riding in **** it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I forgot to mention I finished my trunk lighting too. It is on a motion sensor at the moment. Once I find a switch for the trunk lid that will work and be "invisible" (I hate it when you can see stuff) I will switch the motion sensor out. Doesn't work too well with a trunk full of stuff :surprise:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
My brakes were squealing real bad, so I went to Autozone and they sold me a tube of disc brake lube. I rubbed some on the pads and got the rotors real good but I had so much on my hands, I got it all over my tires. When I tried to wipe it off, I noticed how new they looked so I rubbed some all over the tires. Man you should see them babies shine. As soon as I finish this bottle of Jack, I'm takin' this baby for a ride.
OK, so you lubed up your tires, lubed up your brake rotors and lubed up your brake pads? Now you are going to liquor up and go for a ride? I hope this is a joke, else it's been nice knowing ya!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Started re-stripping the faux tank.
As i was applying the final coat,the air regulator failed,and it spewed paint all over,and blew out the seal in my paint gun.
Managed to get one side-bag done,before the temps hit the 90's.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Took a ride with friends from Las Vegas, NV to St. George, UT (~110 miles each way) for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Updated my Sena Bluetooth set to the latest firmware version. FINALLY got the CB receiving and transmitting off of the Bluetooth setup. Sweeeetttttttt.

·
Just a Rider
501 Posts
Preparing the bike for riding from Mom's in Guadalajara to in Law's in Jerahuaro, 200 mi Higway ride, rain expected so I need to find and attach the waterproof layers for my wife's Olympia Jacket and Pants, that is why I like Firstgear's the outer shell is waterproof, just close the vents and ready for the heaviest downpour, on the way from bahia de Banderas to Guadalajara, whrn approaching to the Highway Toll road, I felt something hitting my right boot, noticed the chromed side engine cover got out of place, if not for my leg, it would go out, so I stopped, noticed I didn't checked it when the oil change a few days back, I re attached it carefully and keep the ride, yesterday filled up, most of the luggage is already loaded, so in an hour or so we left.

3701 - 3720 of 5512 Posts