Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

5141 - 5160 of 5501 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Rode West from Tucson into the Thono O'odham Indian Reservation, the second largest rez in the US.

The two lane is in good shape flat and straight. Got to fly past 8 Harley's riding in HOG formation. I enjoy that more than I should. :)

Decided I got to late a start to ride to Ajo and back, so I climbed Kitt Peak for a bit. It's not often I get to combine my love for riding with my enjoyment of astronomy.

·
Administrator
21,846 Posts
That's a really good angle of Kitt Peak. Great pic.

And I do love that road up there.

Many years ago, someone managed to get The Wings of Phoenix a walk-through tour of some of those telescopes. Very cool.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I think I'm done with upgrades with the new bike so I had lunch at one of my favorite seafood restaurants!!
Beautiful bike. LOL

·
Registered
458 Posts
Took a ride today in a brisk 37 degrees, snow still packed in some intersections. It was not a nice day but I did notice a smoother ride with new rear springs, I was surprised! Got my new Sony Marine radio in the Gold Wing works well. Havnt messed with the Blue Tooth yet. Still cold here but snow is slowly melting off the streets. Wife told me tonight I need to do one Hobby at a time, as the parts for my Bike and parts for my Ruger Precision are arriving. Finally I have more packages than she does!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Started the progressive fork springs on the from of my GL1200. Also read the instructions on my jack, since I had the strap on wrong! Works good though.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Got the forks torn down now polishing the Aluminum so it looks chrome, Good I love CHROME! Now to figure out how to measure 11.66oz of fork oil!!! LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Got the forks torn down now polishing the Aluminum so it looks chrome, Good I love CHROME! Now to figure out how to measure 11.66oz of fork oil!!! LOL!
Just put in 344.82 cc's and be done with it! :wink:

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
What Bruce said. I finish with a large syring, measuring in ccs.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Visited a nearby graveyard.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Got the springs all in and done, Front and Rear done. Those little squeeze bottles from Harbor Freight are awesome, so glad I bought a pack of them a few weeks back.Went for a ride really noticed the tires are planted now, never really knew what I was missing! Just glides at high speeds 100+, helped some with grooved pavement as well. Burned half a tank of gas just running the road.
Took a pic. of the springs then almost killed myself stepping on them a few minutes later!!! Think I'll cut and weld them to some re bar and use them for Fishing rod holders!

Attachments

5141 - 5160 of 5501 Posts